Thursday 19 January 2023

From DaveX: Winter Americans [Under Construction][Limo] (85 points)

For the under construction theme, I have had a group of winter Americans sitting on my desk for so long that were three quarters painted, they had dust and cat hair gathering on them! What a perfect opportunity to get them finished and snag a bonus 20 points. I have a very very very slow grow late war Winter Project for the Ardennes Offensive. I have mostly painted a few squads of Americans and done the odd German unit. My US Forces needed a HQ so I used the awesome Warlord Games sculpts. Their Winter German and Winter US ranges are beautiful. I also had a bailed out tank crew that was in the same state.
Lovely Sculpts by Warlord Games
NCOs, Radio Operator, Medic and an Officer
The bailed out Tank Crew
An Officer, always lost or always pointing
A Sergeant, the greatest rank of all, the backbone of any organisation
A Winter House, not included for points but some eye candy
More eye candy, no points, just some Winter Fallschirmjager I put together. A few conversions here and there.       

As I needed to use Lady Limousine to unlock Under Construction, I painted a Female Sci Fi Pilot by Crooked Dice.  I thought she was most fitting. She has those retro organge vibes.


So that is this weeks entry. 

We have 9 x 28mm Miniatures = 45 Points 
Under Construction Bonus = 20 Points 
Lady Limousine = 20 Points
Grand Total of 85 Handy Points (I think) :D

Huzzah. 

See you next post. I have now unlocked two studios, I need to plan what I will unlock next... hmm.
Dave

From TeemuL: Thank you Dave! Those Winter Americans look great and they nicely fit your frosty terrain. The Sci-Fi pilot looks like she knows her way around the Studios, so you arrive safely to your destination. Please note, that when plotting your route, the Western Studio is in the blue zone in the official version of the map, it was green initially, but changed quite early on.

16 comments:

  1. Excellent invocation of atmospheric conditions on those US and German WWII mini's. Nice crisp brushwork too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look look awesome mate - I do like the Late War GIs in greatcoats and yours look extra frosty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting and weathering winter landscape is tricky, I tell from personal experience. These are truly good and I'll keep the photos in my files for future reference

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff - love seeing the Winter basing effect!
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work on those winter yanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those models look fantastic, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those are amazingly done there! Always love seeing nicely painted BA models, and these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing brushwork on those winter Yanks. Spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The winter Americans are great, I really like the basing too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The retro-orange of the Lady Sci fi pilot is aces ... can you tell that i love colour??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel a little cold just looking at them - wonderful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those really are great and as others have said the basing is brill

    ReplyDelete