Thursday 19 January 2023

From JohnE - Scout Troopers on Speeder Bikes [Sci-Fi] (50 Points)

Hi all. Honored to be back for my second AHPC. Thanks to Curt for bringing me aboard for my second venture, and to Phil for working whatever magic he will have to do to finalize these posts. Also cheers to all the other participants and minions.

I'm starting this challenge with my first ever Star Wars figures. My family pleasantly surprised me at Christmas by gifting me a Legion starter set, so I feel obligated to at least try to finish the included miniatures. Applying the "rule of cool" I started with these speeder bikes. I'm glad I did, because I'm hoping that the rest of the box set won't be as frustrating.

Anyway, here's my Sci-Fi themed entry. Nothing special here - just acrylics with some washes and a weathering pencil.




 

Points Summary:

2 x 35mm mounted figure @ 10 points = 20 points 15 pints = 30 points

Sci-Fi (Green Pass) bonus = 20 points

Total = 40 points 50 points


Minion Phil: Welcome back to the Challenge John! Totally stoked to see the delights you've brought us this week, a top notch variety of stuff off your workbench. As you know, you faintly shamed me painting these up within a month of getting the Legion core set, while mine have sat sadly in great plastic in a box for four years or so. But it gave me a good incentive to get mine done too.

I love the classics take you have on these, and your dedication to getting just the right shade of brown on the bikes to be film accurate. The subtle weathering came out great. Love them, so what's next from that core set? 

I like your backdrop too, your photos came out great.

16 comments:

  1. Loving those John, really nice!

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good mate! Just finished my boxset this week as well. Meh models (that plastic.. ugh).. but great final results once done there! Looking forward to seeing the rest of yours painted up now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back indeed. And very nicely painted riders. As I said in a previous post, I'm under a lot of pressure from my club mates to jump into the Starwars wagon... still resisting... but this post doesn't help at all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking Star Wars goodies, John, and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice scout troopers, John! Good to have you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great, love the trooper firing (and presumably missing) the Parthian shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look super, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you again, John, and these bikes are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delighted to have you back with us, John. Those are some fine looking scout troopers, all ready to miss the target and pile into the nearest tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking stormtrooper speeder, lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super painting - love all things Star Wars. Glad you got in under the wire - unlike at least one of those Imperial speed bikers.

    ReplyDelete