Sunday 31 December 2023

From BenitoV: First entry, New Acquisitions and Happy New Year (40 points)

Today I officially start the Painting Challenge this year, overrunning my planned schedule due to a busier festivities calendar than anticipated.

My opening contribution is this small but attractive little vehicle "Luchs" or "Lynx", used by the Wermacht during the Second World War.


This AFV was an evolution of the early war's Panzer II and was officially named as Panzerkampfwagen II Ausf L. The Lynx saw service until mid-1943 in the recon units of the German divisions, but had a limited production (around 100 units in total according to Wikipedia).


Mine is a 28mm resin 3D printed model from Eskice miniatures with a nice level of detail. Painted in sand yellow with a faded and worn 2-color cammo scheme, it will see action mainly in my future Normandy 44 theater games.


This is a (relatively?) new acquired (and printed) model (early November) that I reserved specifically for the Challenge, where I'm planning to submit a series of WW2 recon vehicles over the next weeks. I'm going to count it for the "New Acquisitions" section of the Library (should Curt agree on this).

Therefore my initial scoring will 40 points: 20 points for a 28mm vehicle plus 20 points "New Acquisitions" bonus.

I take this opportunity to wish all fellow Challengers, their relatives and friends a great 2024, and kkep those dice rolling! 

__________________________________

It's wonderful to see you back, Benito! 

This Luchs is a great little model and you've done a very nice job with it (some of the newer 3D prints for vehicles are first rate). I like your addition of the aerial and decals to properly finish it off. Great work and a Happy New Year to you and yours!

- Curt


  

28 comments:

  1. Very nice work Benito, I can’t wait to see the rest of the vehicles you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always had an eye for the samll AFVs vs the large cats that many wargamers like. I'll be posting at least two ore (one British and one US)

      Delete
  2. Great little tank! Great to see you back too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, happy too to be here, as my painting mojo in 2023 has been significantly low

      Delete
  3. Lovely little model -- one of my goals in life is to eventually build one of those 1:6 scale remote control tanks and I think something like this would be ideal, anything larger becomes unmanageably heavy! This is a great looking model

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vehicle, great weathering

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favourite tanks, well done 👏

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! You don't see many of these and I love them. They look like what would have happened if Matchbox designed tanks for Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent Benito. I too love the recon vehicles. I look forward to your future submissions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. really nice painting and really nice model to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This model design is pretty good, but as I said Eskice is quite irregular so I took some risks

      Delete
  9. Quality work as ever Benito!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, Benito. A very different appearance for the early war Pz II

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. I don't understand why they decided this had to be a variant of the Pz II

      Delete