Sunday 31 December 2023

From TeemuL: Amroth of Lorien [Fantasy] (25 points)

For the Fantasy section at the library I chose the old and faithful J.R.R. Tolkien (you might be familiar with recent film flop "Wild Wandering Adventures of Murin and Drar during the time of Lord of the Rings" from the last Challenge). This is again an old metal Mithril Miniature, M208 to be precise from the year 1991. He is called Amroth of Lorien, a former king of Lothlorien and a victim of tragic love story with elf maiden Nimrodel.


I tried to choose simple but elegant colours, fit for a king and chose dark blue and green. The blue cloak was inspired by the high elf cloaks of the Fellowship of the Ring movie.


I am quite happy with the blue cloak, but there are some fine details on the model, that I just couldn't catch before taking photos, so some of the details are "faint"...


Three different shades of blue on the cloak, looks quite good. :)


I had a plan before the Library theme was released and I was certain, that my plan would not survive. So far I have finished 0 models from the plan and 6 outside the plan...


One 28mm model with 20 points from the Fantasy location should give me 25 points. I'm now ready to move on in the Library and guess what - the next minis aren't part of the plan... :D

_________________________________

I always enjoy seeing your work with these old school LotR minis from Mithril (and they seem to have a figure for every character that Tolkien put pen to paper). I agree, the blue cloak is terrific. Well done! More please. :)

I like that I've messed with your Plan, Teemu. My work here is doing its task. *wipes hands together*

- Curt


17 comments:

  1. Thanks, Curt! Yes, Mithril seems to have everyone covered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice figure, I'm also a victim of the reality going better than the photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice classic fantasy figure, Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like those figures Teemu

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely model! I had several models form theta brand acquired in the 80s that had been painted in several Challenges over the past years. I love their old-school design

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have a soft spot for Mithras, I must be part dwarf. You nailed the cloak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent looking old school lord of the rings figure!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best laid plans eh Teemu? Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, making plans well knowing they will explode when hitting reality. :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you everyone! More oldies goldies coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm amazed at the extent of your LotR collection, love seeing them come up, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great old school mini Teemu! You are inspiring me to dig out some old lead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great entry, love these old school figures

    ReplyDelete