Sunday 31 December 2023

From BrianC - A little of this and that. My rookie debut! [History, Fantasy, & Library Cart] (111pts)

Hello all. This is my first time in this challenge! I'm very excited to be involved! Thank you, AndrewB for letting me know about this challenge! Now, I hope I post this right. Ha! My first entry is a little of the historical minis and some fantasy minis. I have primed a few minis in advance to prepare for this.




Ok. Let's begin with a photo of what I will enter for my 1st post:





I have painted 8 Warlord Games Saxon Archers.





I'm in love with the Army Painter Speedpaints! But, there will be some use of the regular AP colors, too.




One thing that bugged me about the Warlord Games minis is their long necks! I shaved the necks on some of them. All my bases will be done with Geek's Gaming Scenics. I love that stuff!




Say hello to Hans! This is the beginning of painting some Bolt Action Blitzkrieg German Infantry.




No Speedpaint here. 




Hans's friends will catch up to him later in this challenge.



Here we have 3 15mm Vampires from Blue Moon Miniatures. I normally don't paint 15mm minis. But, I really enjoyed how fast and fun it is to paint 15's! There will be more in the future!




I'm hoping I will improve on the speedpaints.




They will have more friends during this challenge. Muhaha! Muhaha!



Say hello to my little library helper, Sarah! She was in a rush to put her make-up on, cause of the zombie rush inside the building(Zombicide mini). Ha Ha!





I heard she is ruthless with the pump action shotgun!




Peach will never leave without her lucky pom poms!






Well, that completes my first entry! I will admit I am nervous uploading my minis on here! The skillful painters on here are AMAZING!!!! Again, I'm very excited about this challenge!


I WISH YOU ALL A SAFE HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
LET'S DO THIS!!!!



SCORING:

9x28mm minis = 45pts.
3x15mm minis = 6pts.
History Topic = 20pts.
Fantasy Topic = 20pts.
Library Cart = 20pts.

Total = 111pts.


_______________________________

First, welcome to the Challenge, Brian. We're delighted to have you with us.

Great work here! Those Saxon archers look the business all in 'mid-loose'. While a bit dark from the photo, the late war German infantryman is a great start to your planned project. The stars for me are the 15mm vampires. So characterful! I especially like the vampress in blue. Finally the shotgun sporting cheerleader is a daunting lass - love the pom poms at-the-ready!

Well done Brian! I look forward to you beavering through that tableful of minis! Best wishes for the New Year!

- Curt


25 comments:

  1. Grand first up ! Welcome along

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard Brian, great first post. Love the cheerleader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pom-poms! Welcome aboard, and good luck with your primed pile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the clan Brian -- and great submission, agree with you completely about the Geek Gaming scenics - I use their stuff all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Brian! That is a lot of undercoated models! Great work, I especially like the archers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great first post, love the cheerleader!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking first post, some great figures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start Brian, I'm looking forward to seeing more Saxons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Challenge, Brian! You are truly prepared and I hope to see much of that white get some colors during the following three mpnths. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the Challenge, what a great start 👏

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the mayhem Brian! Congrats on your first entry. The scale of your prep is to be admired!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent kick-off post Brian. Great work and looking forward to your busting through your primed masses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb first entry Brian, I think you would qualify for three squirrels also, welcome to the challenge!

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you've got plenty to paint! Like the Sarah's Helper figure and you can never have too many Dark Ages figures

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome - think I did some "Dark Age" archers in my first post as well - great mix of figures and painting. Looking forward to more .. Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done Brin, great start to the comp and a good wee dent in the figure pile, I wonder what's up next.

    ReplyDelete