Friday 15 January 2021

AdamC: Curtgeld Xebec

 So when I heard our Curtgeld could be done as a gift to a fellow challenger I knew exactly who I wanted to do mine for. John Michael (JohnM) and I have been gaming buddies for years and I wanted to gift him something. Then I learned John would not take part in the challenge. So I contacted Curt and asked for permission gift my Curtgeld to John as a Challenger Emeritus.

John's interest in Black Seas was the deciding factor for me to invest when the game came out so a ship seemed the proper option. This is a Xebec 3d printed for me by another friend (Arofan) from a Henry Turner file.

John decided to do a Spanish Fleet so I have painted the Xebec to match. I may have been a little too cute with the Red and yellow sails. I cut the sails myself and used toothpicks for masts and spars.

Xebecs were swift ships middling size.  This one has a 20 gun broadside making it one of the larger examples. I've been using 6th rate stats (but without the carronade) but official Xebec stats are coming from Warlord games later this year so we'll see how they interpret them.

The Xebec is a little smaller than a frigate so let's say 15 points maybe another 2 points for rigging and another point for flags. Seem to recall Curtgeld gets additional points but I'll leave that to the Minions or Curt to handle.


7 comments:

  1. I love the lines of the xebec, and with those colours it will stand out at sea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very colourful little ship, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little Xebec Adam. A great gift for John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Xebec! Nice idea for a gift!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. She’s a jaunty vessel, for sure. Your points have been tabulated Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colourful ship and a great gift
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent xebec, Adam! Love the colour scheme and the whole look of the vessel. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete