Friday 15 January 2021

From MikeF - Offering for Sarah the Sorceress - 40k Inquisitor Grayfax (post head injury) - 25 points

 I haven't been able to post due to work, but I have been able to complete a few models for the challenge. I've mentioned that level 2 of the challenge is going to consist mainly of models for my 40k Inquisitor squad. I hear you actually need an Inquisitor for one of these units, so I made sure to complete one. This model is of Inquisitor Grayfax. I had to make one slight modification to the models head however. The original head for this model has the iconic wide brimmed hat Inquisitors and witch hunters are known for. Unfortunately, I lost the head and haven't been able to find it anywhere. If you've managed to find it in your travels, please let me know. 

Finding a replacement was quite difficult as the model design was not very forgiving. The gorget made it difficult to place another head on it without cutting it off and I really didn't want to do that. I eventually experimented with putting a head from an Ossiarch bonereaper mortek guard and it fit perfectly! Not sure if it's a helmet or bionic head, but since Grayfax likes to wear power armor without the appropriate helmet, I suppose a bionic head was inevitable.

This model is an offering to Sarah the Sorceress for transport from the Guardroom, across the Orc Pit to The Shrine. Just a quick hop really.





11 comments:

  1. That's very nice! I reckon four skullz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully that bionic face should be a bit more bullet resistant than her previous one. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the figure and great work on the head swap. In my world I’d find the missing head right after posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bionic head as inevitable - absolutely! Great work Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice inquisitor Mike. I’m sure Sarah will appreciate het

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome looking Inquisitor!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one awesome looking figure 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice painting work. The contrast in the metals and the blue are outstanding

    ReplyDelete