Friday 15 January 2021

From TomG - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Guardroom - 34 points

Hello everyone! 

Once more we plough on through the Chambers of Challenge, and today that takes us to the Guardroom, where we find two trigger happy chappies, but what are they guarding? 

All of the elements used for this vignette are from Mantic Games, with the weapon rack from their Dungeon Saga game, the two guards are "Basilean" crossbow men and the chest are from their Vanguard skirmish game.

I struggled to get this mini to a point where I was happy with the colours, so I asked my wife for advice and she pointed out that I had no spot colour that would stand out. So she recommended red, and was totally right, as it brought the whole scene to life. 

And here we see the great booty that is being guarded, although with the amount of gold that has fallen out, I wonder if it's not the guards themselves that need... guarding. 

Points - 
2x 28mm Infantry = 10pts
Challenge Entry = 20pts
Total = 30pts

22 comments:

  1. Great looking pair of crossbow men and nice dungeon dressing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work, the quote refers specifically to a Roman senator who was worried his house guards were sleeping with his wife. As I recall she was

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vignette Tom, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pair of figures, you've got them in a great setting too 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very nice vignette, good striking Colours indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I've got a lot to thank my wife for the colour picks.

      Delete
  6. Great work Tom, they are some fine looking watchmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work Tom! The colour scheme works very well indeed. Another proof, if you really needed one, that you should always listen to your wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally forgot I'll add a further four bonus points for the weapons rack and the chest.

      Delete
  8. Nice work. Your wife has a good eye for colour it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like that, great piece

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete