Thursday 4 February 2021

from RayR - The Chamber of Challenge - The Armoury - Sipahi of the Porte 80pts

 



Its Chamber of Challenge time once again and  I've just been dropped off at the Armoury by Sarah 
the Sorceress. 

The Armoury: Paint a figure, a vignette or unit which is armoured - plate, steel, iron, ceramic, chain-mail - the choice is yours.


This unit of 6 x Spahi of the Porte have jumped way ahead of the queue. These originally were going to be painted up right at the end of the Challenge if at all???
But....


I needed a figure or figures in armour for the Armoury and wanted to paint something up I'm actually going to use, rather than stick in a box, never to be seen again for a few years.


The figures are from Dixon Miniatures and match in height wise quite well with Warfare minis who will make up the majority of my Ottoman force.


For my force the Sipahis of the Porte will be an Elite unit using a D10, so even though they're small, they should throw a big punch.........Poles and Imperialists beware!!!
(BTW, I haven't any Poles or Imperialists, yet?)

60 pts for the Sipahi
20 pts Bonus for the Armoury

18 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely Sipahis! Great finish! I hadn't thought of Dixons or warfare, I do fancy doing Ottomans, maybe with a Polish army,noce mix of colours!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Warfare figures are amazing sculpts, only trouble with Dixon is some of the figures like these are all the same. But they're well worth a look.

      Delete
  2. Spiffy Sipathis Ray! Like these guys a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look very nice. I wasn't aware of Dixon Sipahi- I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work Ray. You're completely kicking my keister which is precisely what I expected. I'm happy when a plan comes together. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very colourful unit, they do look grand all ranked up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Ray, great bit of plumage 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete