Thursday 4 February 2021

From LeeH - Well built Trenches

I have a sizable collection of terrain suitable for WWII 15mm wargaming but I realised that I didn't have any trenches. I couldn't let that oversight be ignored and I briefly toyed with the idea of making some myself but quickly discarded that idea as madness... especially when I saw these models from Ironclad Miniatures. Collectively this lot cost me a shade under fifty quid, but in reality, it was pretty economical considering I have nearly 6ft of trenches to show for my money. Made from a really nice quality resin they didn't need any cleaning up (aside from a wash and scrub) or repairs prior to Priming. 


It has taken a lot longer than expected to paint these. They are such good models, with so much detail, they deserved a bit more time and attention to make them look as good as I could get them. As with all my terrain and miniatures I gave them several coats of varnish (4 in fact) to ensure they will survive rough handling and keep looking good for many years to come. So long as I store them properly I can see myself gaming with these for a long time. 




I had hoped to have a couple of German PAK anti-Tank guns painted up an as well, but I'm still waiting for these to arrive so they will have to be entered at a later date. They are 3D Prints and I'm rather looking forward to seeing what the quality is like. 

As for scoring, I piled the lot up, and got a couple of tape measures out before I primed them. They measured roughly 7"x8"x4" which is a little over one terrain cube. 

Incidentally is it bad that I really like the smell of resin? 


(Scoring: 20 Points)

9 comments:

  1. Great work Sir! And yes it is bad and very very sad Lee!!! Looking forward to playing in the Shed with these one day......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking trench sections, really nice and useful!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work and resin smells like victory, especially in the morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Lee, some excellent looking entrenchments. I’m an mdf fan myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aroma wise that is, love the smell of new mdf kits.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes, that burning mdf is a delight.

      Delete
    3. Yes, it almost makes one forget the Scotch.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love the smell of MDF as well...Whenever I smell new resin or fresh MDF I associate it with goodies arriving in the post. Guess I'm just a middle aged, wargaming version of Pavlov's dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Resin sniffer ! 😄 an insult only a Wargamer would get 😁
    Nice trenches mate 👌
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete