Thursday 4 February 2021

JeremyM, Depth Guard Walkers, Golem's Haunt, (90 points)

 Hi All,

This project took a bit longer than planned. I'm finding my energy is a bit lower with all the stuff going on at work. That being said I have been super excited to work on these models for some time and continue on my journey in the chambers. 

When I thought of the Golem's Haunt and it noted a figure being pieced together these guys immediately came to mind. They are called Tide Haunter Walkers and are made by the 3d modeller the indignentshrew Here is a link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4555520

Now I will be adding these to my growing 40k chaos army. I have a bunch of Death Guard models and most players I've seen will be using their ruleset with them. I prefer another internet fellow who has called these figures the "Depth Guard." Much catchier and fits in well with what I have. 

As you can see these models are covered in various sea life. Sponges, coral, barnacles, star fish, and some sea worms. It helps bring a huge variety of colours on to the model. I decided the main colour was going to be a dark turquoise which really screamed under water to me, and allowed the other colours to really pop. One of my former hobbies was aquariums. I had 5 set up and running at once several years ago, including a small reef aquarium with a few corals and some clown fish. But when I moved to Regina I sold them all off and have never found the time or space to get going again. It was fun when painting these to combine the two hobbies and start identifying some of the sea life.

For the cobbled together part there are a couple of options to fit the theme. They have various sea life depicted as weapons on them including octopus tentacles for a flail, and a large sea shell and crab pincher for power fists. I also magnetized all the weapon options and the two arms for each. In total there are 2 power fists, a flail, a pick axe, a melta gun, lascannon, autocannon, plasma cannon, a heavy bolter, and a missile launcher. So these guys can definitely be cobbled together for various weapon options.
I also have some other models for this mini army I hope to paint up for the challenge soon. The big robots need some friends. But I now have to plan my next move through the chambers. So to help move to my next spot I have the following extra little offering to our gracious sorceress
These are two scared innocent bystanders I 3d printed. One man and one woman. I had been watching Mind Hunter on netflix about the FBI's psychological profiler unit. Its set in the 70's so that kind of inspired my colour scheme for them. I would like to ask the sorceress to allow me to use the female figure to move on to the Larder for my next stop since I can't for the life of me figure out what I want to paint in greyscale.

So this stop puts me at 40 points for two 28mm vehicles, 20 points for the chamber, 10 points for two 28mm figures, and another 20 points for the sorceress. I think that should end up being 90 points total, but check my math as I was apparently way off last time.





7 comments:

  1. Those Tide Walkers are very cool! I like the colours and the base details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I found those two bases online and they work perfectly for the theme. I also managed to use bits of them to kitbash the bases I plan on using for other "Depth Gaurd" figures.

      Delete
  2. Excellent looking constructs and I totally relate to figures taking longer than I planned!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah, I was chipping away at them daily for a week but progress just seemed to take forever. Maybe my initial enthusiasm didn't help with that.

      Delete
  3. I’m in a similar situation with looong completion time Jeremy. These are excellent deep sea diver monsters. Love the sea life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jeremy...those "Depth Guard" figures are really quite entertaining and unique, haven't really seen anything like that around before. Always something interesting the Challenge - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super strange figs, look pretty cool 😎
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete