Thursday 4 February 2021

GrahameH. 15mm German Units of the Franco-Prussian War

Having finished my 15mm 1866 Austrian Army I decided to finish off the last of my German Army for the Franco-Prussian War.

All the figures are 15mm from Essex. 

First up are three Bavarian Infantry Battalions. Each of 32 figures and a unit of 9 Jägers.




That’s 210pts for the 105 figures

Keeping with the Bavarians, next up are some Light Cavalry. 



18 mounted figures that 72 pts

Next 18 (72pts) Barvian Curassiers 




Next some generals. Three Prussian General (24pts)





Now some Prussian Cavalry. Two Prussian Hussar Regiments









Finally a unit of Prussian Currasseirs




So for those three cavalry units, each of 18 mounted figures is 216pts.

I think that it for the moment for the nineteenth century, although I am a few Generals short. Not too sure what to do next, I’ll have to look at the lead mountain.

Oh total points (618pts) I think.



12 comments:

  1. Very cool submission Grahame, always wanted to do a Franco Prussian game. Typical though spent weeks trying to catch you and now you've leap frogged me again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff Grahame, your 1866 collection is coming along very well.
    What rules do you plan to use to butt heads against their Austrian counterparts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very productive Grahame and they look great as well!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! FPW goodness!! 15mm, eh? :)
    What are the size of the bases?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, I especially like those Hussars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid looking Prussians and Bavarians! They look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blimey! That's a lot of great looking troops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing troops. I come out with a slightly different total
    105 foot figures = 210 pts
    96 Mounted = 384 pts
    Total = 589 pts

    am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic output at such great quality. Carry on

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another big points bomb 💣 lots of quality old school figs in there, love it 😀
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete