Sunday 14 March 2021

Chaos Centaurs, the Laboratory, Mark Backhouse, (52 points)


 For the laboratory I had a nice conversion I wanted to make. I’d always liked Chaos Centaurs, although proper 80’s Citadel ones go for an arm and a leg. Instead these were made from old Westwind horses that had sat in a box for about 15 years collecting dust. I chose them as they were expendable but also a bit on the small side. They were combined with the fearsome looking Foundry Viking figures that I had doubles of. A bit of drilling and pinning later and the line between the two were blended with some green stuff to pass as a hairy area. 

To make them look properly chaotic I decided to give them some exotic patterns on his skin. These tiger stripes were great fun and makes the centaur look suitably wild and ferocious! The pattern on his beard helps to tie it all in together.


The zebra stripes came out a treat too!

This chap has a really fearsome looking club!
Annoyingly I painted these up for my Realms of Chaos project and then realised you couldn’t actually roll them on the warbands table! Not that it’ll stop me using them. I’ll probably just swap them for another choice costing roughly the same number of points. 

Such crazy experiments tick the laboratory box for 20 points. Centaurs aren’t quite cavalry - so I’m claiming 8 points for each conversion totalling 32 more points. 
So a grand total of 52 points.
Cheers
Mark Backhouse

8 comments:

  1. A very cool and interesting take on centaurs, and really fits the nature of chaos. Good idea and work here Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent brushwork Mark. Love the different take on the animal bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those patterns are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers all! Thanks for your kind words! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite like these - well done Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos for coming up with the exotic versions of the centaurs, really inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely conversions and great painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete