Sunday 14 March 2021

from RayR - Donnybrook - Plymouth Colony Militia 1675, 100pts

  


Back to Donnybrook, now there's a surprise!!! But this time we've crossed the pond to the early English Colonies in America.


I've used these Empress Miniatures English Civil War figures to represent the early colonists
in the America's. I bought these a few years ago at SELWG in Crystal Palace as I wanted some Militia types for King Philips War  and other fights around that time. This is the first time I've painted Empress Miniatures before and I've gotta say they are crackin' figures in both proportion and to paint up.


The unit is made up of various Infantry and dismounted Cavalry packs to try and make them look more individual.


The flag is a homemade one I drew on Paint, I've no clue what kind of flag the Militia would have used if at all? So I used the flag of St George. And of course they don't have to just be the Plymouth Militia, they could be any unit of the war. And of course they could be from the ECW, IF I ever want to do Donnybrook ECW???


There are 20 figures in the unit.

Which gives me 100 points to add to my total.

14 comments:

  1. These are superb Ray. King Philips War is a fascinating period to game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Miles, yep gotta agree, its a very interesting period.

      Delete
  2. brilliant work Empress are fantastic figures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent painting here Ray, I love the look of the figures and the paint jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ray, great stuff! Beautiful brush work and great basing. How do you paint so much so quickly with such great results? What rules set do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to paint lots of figures up at once, so they take a little longer to paint up, but you get lots finished roughly the same time. The rules I use for 25mm Skirmish are Domnybrook, from Warfare Miniatures, I may have mentioned this a few times already.

      Delete
  5. They do look like great figures Ray, and very well painted. I like the variety in the clothes, gear and colours; definitely gives the impression of an ad hoc militia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely figures, very diverse in appearance and the flag came out really well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice figures Ray. Nice work on the flag too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking English civil war unit, that you can use in foreign parts!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete