Sunday 14 March 2021

Sir Manfred, Knight’s Solar, Mark Backhouse (25 points)

 Into the third floor of the dungeon at last! For the knight’s solar I decided on yet another classic miniature. This time it’s a Foundry 28mm knight from the Baron’s War range. Originally it was a Citadel figure from the Feudal range.


I decided for my Realms of Chaos warbands I would create a crusading force of Imperial troops as a non-Chaotic warband. The rather outrageous purple robes look rather Papal, but are in actual fact based on the old 3rd edition artwork from Warhammer Armies. The shield is a later edition but had the same motif and I think gave the figure a nice fantastical feel.

Sir Manfred will captain a small group of men-at-arms and archers that will come from the same range. I might add a few old Essex knights as well for good measure. Whether they’ll stand any chance against the Chaos Warriors, wild beasts and monsters I’m not sure, but they will add a bit of colour to the proceedings.

So a single 28mm figure and Knight’s Solar completed. That’s 25 more points to the tally.
Cheers
Mark Backhouse


7 comments:

  1. What a great and different colour on a knight. The mauve/purple looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great figure and colors.

    I "Love" the old empire shield.

    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff here. Feel the "Love"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice purple on this guy mate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking regal knight! Love the purple and the classic empire shield!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete