Sunday 14 March 2021

From MartinC Big Badda Boom (95pts)

 Morning all. So as we approach the final mad week I thought I'd announce the week with a 18 gun salute. The attraction of renaissance Italian wars is the juxtaposition of heavily armoured cavalry, tough hand to hand infantry and pretty rubbish gunpowder ], which when it hits makes the 1st two pretty pointless. All Italian wars forces need an artillery train to breakup those pesky armoured Swiss pike blocks


This is 18 artillery pieces and a wagon

11 guns. I was short of crews so each piece has 2 crew and a guard

4 organ guns and a wagon. The fire rate for artillery is too high in KoW so I will add an extra roll once each gun has fired to see if it has reloaded. 

3 French guns. These are different to the other field pieces, 1 had 3 randoms. The French were big adopters of artillery (a reason they won the 100 years war) so I gave them their own train. The rest will be either hired or I will give each army a piece each.

Scores
18 guns plus 3 crew each = 90pits
Wagon plus 2 horses = 5
total =95

Off to prep for the last week of painting


6 comments: