Sunday 14 March 2021

From JonathanO: Assyrian chariot - Oubliette (55 points)

 How about some 40 year old miniatures for the Oubliette location? 












The 25mm 2 horse ancient Assyrian chariot and supporting infantry are from Lamming miniatures.  I originally bought 3 of these chariots, but they never got painted.  A few years ago I acquired another 5, so I still have a lot to paint.  I had a few extra infantry figures so I included an archer and a spearman to the base to support the chariot.  The base is 120mm x 80mm.

As well as the rest of the chariots, I really need to get some of the cavalry painted.

Points:  For 2 horses, 2 crew plus the chariot, I think 25 points.  Add 10 points for the two infantry,  plus the location bonus of 20 = 55 points.

With 4 location challenges completed on level 2, I can move quickly down to level 3. 

  




11 comments:

  1. "I acquired another 5", I hate it when that happens! Well done on the figs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a very reasonable price and still in the original bags. I could not resist. Sadly, I did resist the temptation to buy a large Lamming Egyptian army at the same time.

      Delete
  2. Love that. Very old school but the stiffer poses suit the Chariot era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, true. The sculps follow the style of the ancient palace wall sculptures.

      Delete
  3. Great looking old school ancients

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous looking base Jonathan. I agree with Peter, the age of the figures seem to work for these guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. Yes, and maybe that helped the casting too. The Lamming figures always seemed to be free from any flash.

      Delete
  5. Excellent work Jonathan. What other wonders do you have hidden away after 40 years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly a few chariots and cavalry for the Assyrians. There may be a few other treasures. One group I am sure you would like to see. Maybe next challenge....

      Delete
  6. Great looking old school Assyrians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete