Sunday 14 March 2021

From DaveS - Prisoners With Jobs (90pts)

 I'm getting bored with saying it, but yet more Wild West Exodus today.  The Enlightened have been described as the undead horde faction, except that they are constructs not undead, and horde is a relative term in a skirmish game.  Nevertheless, I have been working on some of the more, shall we say, questionable units in the game.

First, we have the Constructed Menials.  These are basically cannon fodder, but with an annoying habit of coming back when the unit is destroyed.  The game itself has a rather nice rule that limits just HOW annoying this can be for an opponent, but it's nice to paint models that the enemy is going to have to kill multiple times.  It increases the usefulness of them.



At the other end of the scale of constructs in units (as opposed to the huge lumbering beasties) I've also painted 2 Brutes.  These were part of the original starter set I got several years ago, and have sat undercoated and unloved since I got them, since I was "scared" of the quality of the figures.  Since they were already undercoated, I cracked on with them while I was waiting for other things to dry, and found that despite the detail, they almost painted themselves.




So that's one brute with a Gatling Gun, and one with a Flamethrower.


All told, that should be 10x40mm figures, and 2 larger 54mm ones, for a total of 90 points.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking horde and beasts! I know what you mean about being intimidated by really good sculpts, weird isn't it?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete