Sunday 14 March 2021

GrahameH. Austrian Armoured Cavalry and Cold War British 15mm

 

Having finished the army I was intending to paint for this year challenge, I decided to try and finish another army. So I have completed  Cold War British (well apart from 2 Milan teams I have just in the bottom of the box 🤬), but thought I’d give myself a treat and paint some Austrian cuirassiers from the late 17th century before I started. 



Both units are 15mm Essex figures and Barry Hilton kindly supplied the flags, even though they are not on his website. Each unit is 18 strong and I even tried a head swap on one the musician. I do love this period. (36 mounted figures 144 pts)

Having been suitably spoilt I then charged (Pun) straight into my Cold War British again, all 15mm.

Two British helicopters. The first a Gazelle and a Lynx, both are from Battlefront. I have since sorted out the transfers that appear a bit silvery in the photos. (16pts)


I

Next the tanks. 8 Chieftain (Battlefront) and 8 Challengers (Skytrex) (112pts)  or rather the other way around Challengers and then Chieftains


 



Four Warriors (Skytrex) (32pts)



Next my AA unit. A Saxon (Skytrex) 2 Mobile Rapiers (Butler 3D prints) and 2 M548 (Butlers) 40pts


Next one tonne land rovers and trailer (24pts)


An Abbot Battery a Ferret OP (QRF),  2 Abbots (Battlefront) a Ammo Carriers 32pts

Refuel unit (two 4 ton lorries, one ton Land Rover) 24pts


Royal Engineer Unit (40pts)



Field Artillery Battery. This is made up of two guns, 2 prime movers and an FO group.These are from various manufacturers, the guns and crew are from Army Bits, they are probably for a later army but painted up for the mid 1980s. (56pts)


Again probably for a slightly later period, but I had them so I’ve painted then are two MLRS from Battlefront (16pts)



A Battlefront FV 432 with Cymbeline Addon Radar kit (Army Bits) (8pts)


Two Battlefront CVR (T) FV 120 Spartans with Milan. These were just two kits I had left over (16pts)



Finally all the stuff I purchased and don’t need, but dare say I will find a use for them one day (9 vehicles 72pts)



And having got a big bored painting green and black, two Essex Bavarian mounted officers for my 1870 army (8pts)

That’s it for this post, now the total. Although I have only managed to get two or three posts done this year, I have got the final points total wrong so here hoping I have remembered how to count. 

Total 608 pts







7 comments:

  1. Great looking Cold War Brits Grahame, just about to start on some in 10mm and hope they end up looking half as good as yours 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a points bomb! That sure in an amazing pile of 15mm vehicles, all painted to a super high standard. Great work and I am sure they will be the envy of many a table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grahame, you are a machine! Tremendous paint jobs on a ton of figures! I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great post. Gotta love those Austrians!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Cold War Brits are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome painting on your cold war Brits! I love the 17th century Austrians too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff mate, love the cold war vehicles and you can't go wrong with 17th Century Imperials! We need to sync up on scales!!!

    ReplyDelete