Tuesday 25 January 2022

From MartinC Some Sci fi Action (155-pts)

 I've continued with the Sci Fi theme for this week (mainly). I'm playing Stargrave in a few weeks but I think I may have too many troops


Squad in tiger stripe, on a dark night!

RPG team and drone pilot

The drone

Another Squad in beige and green!

Another drone pilot and RPG team


2 dinky little drones
I've also made some magic buildings

4Ground Americana brownstones. Fairly boring and would be better with some steps up to one that isn't a shop

But they are magic and collapse (on purpose) for easy storage. They are nice building and very sturdy but quite expensive and quite boring. They come painted but one you have assembled them they pretty much need painting again, all the grey and the bricks needed washing.

So that is 26 x 28mm infantry = 130pts
3 drones = 5pts in total
2 buildings = 1/2 cube each so 20 pts

total = 155pts

Collapsing buildings? Someone needs to have a word with the Planning department. Nice work on the squaddies, drones and brownstones!

Tamsin

25 comments:

  1. Nice squads! I have heard of these collapsing buildings, making it easier to storage and so on, but I'm not convinced that their create/solve problem ratio is good enough. They are bit boring, but look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ta, I agree about the buildings. i have a collapsible factory to build and that may be better. Going to try and make my own, again

      Delete
  2. Love these, I hope you've got those drones weighted at the base (I know how clumsy us wargamers can be)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very clumsy and yes they are, milliput is satisfyingly dense

      Delete
  3. Great work Martin.
    I do find painting buildings to be tiresome...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really good stuff I specifically like the drone a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are starting something relatively new and you already have too many figures for it. So typical of you. :) Those brownstone buildings look ace as well, and I agree, the 'prepainted' aspect of these MDF building are often a false panacea as you often feel the need to touch them up to the extent you're just doing it over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame Dave, always have to go big. Although in his defense he has no sci fi ...yet. yes to the buildings, and the hardest part is colour matching

      Delete
  6. Impressive stuff but one important point must be stressed - you can never have too many troops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As another SF afficianado, I really like your troopers, and the drones are excellent. We barely appreciate the impact of drones on the contemporary battlefield, in the future they will be hellish and I imagine the countermeasures will be interesting. Well done.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you mean, maybe have too many figures? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's terrifying, going to have to underpin the house.

      Delete
  9. Great looking troops and sensible flat packs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Collapsing buildings do have a very practical purpose for storage. I quite like the drones.

    ReplyDelete