Tuesday 25 January 2022

From MartinC The Sagas of Noggin the Nog (85pts)

 When I was a very little boy my favourite TV programme was "The Sagas of Noggin the Nog" . It was the story of the brave prince Noggin the Nog.


Noggin the Nog, his wife Nooka (princes of the Nooks from the land of the midnight sun) and their sun Cnut.

Old king Cnut and Queen Gunhilde

The Ice Dragon, Ronf (ambassador from Hotwater Valley), Nogbad the Bad (Noggin's evil uncle) and Gracculus (the talking bird who takes Noggin to meet Nooka)

Palace guard including Thor Noggson (centre)

Villagers

The figures are all from Northumbrian Tin Soldier

17x28mm figures - 85pts

Of to go Viking now


I do vaguely recall that show from my childhood...nice representations of the characters!

Tamsin

27 comments:

  1. Cool!
    I just watched The Ship, Episode 2 of Noggin the Nod
    What charming story and the figures you’ve painted are delightfully whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I did enjoy watching them again. These will become a christmas game with my family

      Delete
  2. The Palace Guard look like they stepped out of a Hudson Bay display down the street...well done Martin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, would that be the Vineland display

      Delete
  3. Lovely, characterful minis, good paint job, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t remember the show well I but now I want to watch it again. I have seen these minis and they are excellent. Well done Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its very primitive but excellent story telling

      Delete
  5. Nice one Martin keep Noggin on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ed this show as a kid and saw the models at a show pre pandemic. Gonna have to get me some

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are lovely figures but quite expensive due to royalty payments

      Delete
  7. One of my favourite shows from growing up -- must get me some of those figures! Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s some fine work Martin. Wasn’t familiar with Noggin the Nog, so I had to look it up. Would have been just down my alley when I was little. Well, technically I‘m still little but….

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Noggin the Nog was I was a kid as well. You've done the figures proud my good man. 10/10!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi MArtin:
    I quite enjoyed a bit of the video and wonder if I can get my grandkids interested? It never made it over here to Canada to my knowledge, wasn't part of my childhood, but the figures are full of whimsy and charm, very pleasing entry and obviously a labour of love.
    Cheers,
    MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, the videos are all on you tube and are an exercise in bequtiful story telling

      Delete
  11. Delightful figures, great fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are delightful figures. I particularly like that you will be creating a Christmas tradition with them. That is so wholesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it will degenerate into a drinking game!

      Delete