Saturday 16 January 2021

From DrQ: Orks in the Armoury (40 points)

Having been swamped by a week of work meetings, I'm finally able to post my submission for the Armoury!

Nothing I have in my painting pile is really big on armour right now, so I went in the orky direction of "the best defense is a good offense." I present four heavily armed Ork Boyz with Big Shootas.


One in 10 models in an Ork Boyz brick can swap out their regular weapons to be armed with the more powerful Big Shoota. So I've already accidentally started painting my second unit while still working on the first. This might mean I'll need to touch one of these lads up later, since I plan on changing the shade of one of the colours for each unit. For now though, they all go together.


Not too much else to say on these boyz. A little more extreme highlight on their arm wraps than I had done previous, but still a pretty muted and dirty scheme. 

I was hoping for more progress for this post, but I got sidelined by work and the slow assembly of my Arkanaut Ironclad sky vessel for my Kharadron fleet (that's my personal big goal for this hobby challenge).

As far as points: 20 total for the four boyz, and 20 for the challenge area comes to a total of 40.

Now off to the Hatchery where I hope to paint something truly eye-catching from my backlog! 





9 comments: