Saturday 16 January 2021

From MikeF - The Shrine - 40k Imperial Preacher - 25 points

 After skipping the Orc Pit, I've landed at the Shrine. This requires I paint a cleric or similar. Continuing with the Inquisitor warband theme, I've completed an Imperial preacher. Everything in 40k is over the top and the Ecclesiarchy is no exception. This model is holding a staff with a burning brazier on top connected by hoses to a backpack gas container. I suppose this is to provide adequate lighting while reading verses from his holy tome, but I suspect that it doubles as a flame thrower for use against heretics, non-believers and people needing the 'Emperor's Peace.' When painting the model I was initially confused by the over coat. I thought it was armor at first, but after painting it I realized that it flowed seamlessly into the sleeves of the model. Turns out its a large padded coat and likely heat resistant. Sorta like an asbestos coat. |Additional protection comes in the form of welders goggles and oven mitts! This was my first attempt at a painting fire and moderately happy with the result. I'd put it in the 'good enough' category.




Best way to turn pages when wearing oven mitts.


10 comments:

  1. Nice painting Mike. You can post more than one room in one though, if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... that would have been more efficient.

      Delete
  2. Splendid looking preacher and I think the flame effects are pretty impressive!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a personal man packed torch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Mike. Great fire effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flames and books 📚 🔥 never a good mix 😄
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that figure! Four skullz- unless the servoskull also counts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking preacher, and handy for the annual Inquisitorial Summer Barbecue as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent painting work. The flame is really good

    ReplyDelete