Wednesday 6 January 2021

From StephenS: It's always a trap...

 G'day Everyone,

A bit slow out of the starting blocks this year (or should that be last year?) but I finally have an entry ready to show off. It's good to be back again!



These models are the final four figures I had left from the starter set I picked up when the game was released. It's good to have them finished, though I may have one or two others in the queue...


We all know that every good comic book needs the heroes to be trapped so that the plan can be carefully explained to bring everyone up to speed, then the hero is inexplicably left unguarded so that they can escape just before an unusually slow and overly complicated execution is carried out.


I have two long-time antagonists Captain America and the Red Skull. However, the Red Skull has teamed up with two other Marvel villains, Crossbones and Ultron. Will this finally be the end for our intrepid hero? Will the dastardly villains put their awful plan into motion and doom the world? Or will our brave hero find some way to foil them once more? Tune in next week to find out...


All up that is four 40 mm plastic models and the Hall of Traps bonus for, hopefully, 48 points.

Cheers,

Steve

-----

Ahoy Steve - some great and novel submissions to get off the mark!

All these figs are very nicely painted indeed. I do love me a Red Skull, played so well by Lord Elrond/Agent Smith in the first movie, and he was indeed rather good at laying traps for Captain Steve.  Sadly missing from the range is my other favourite, the Red Guardian - a Soviet super-soldier and Marxist equivalent of Captain A from behind the Iron Curtain. 


I hope he gets appropriate attention and focus too! 

48 points in the bag

Cap'n Wednesday


11 comments:

  1. Let me start with... I HATE Captain America. Way too goody goody of a hero. However, you have done an excellent job on him, super clean and crisp work on that shield there really makes the figure pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I loved his first movie. The best of the lot imo. Great brushwork Steve!

      Delete
    2. Byron's spot on on that popinjay of a hero...but he's also spot on on the excellent paint job.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work very nicely done.
    I'll be tuning in next week....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic finish on these fantastic four!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care at all for superhero-stuff (when I brought a comic home as a kid my father said "we don't read that rubbish in this house" adnd that was the last I saw of it) even if I get more than my share of exposure with two fankids in the house, put your paintjob is tops. I might even go so far as to say I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work on these comic classics. I AM a big comic book fan, and those 4 are absolutely superb, (though Crossbones isn't quite in the same threat category as Ultron or Red Skull).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super work on some Super Heroes 👍

    ReplyDelete