Wednesday 6 January 2021

From Matt T, Entering the Chambers of Challenge

Thought I would start the year by entering the Chambers of Challenge. I don't do a lot of fantasy gaming but I love painting up fantasy minis. It is always a blast of nostalgia, and the challenge is the perfect excuse to paint some up.

Level 1 -  Hall of Traps

Our poor brave heroes forever trapped as stone statues - 

Or poor Medusa, trapped and portrayed as a monster for all time by cruel and jealous gods.

3 x 28mm models + bonus = 35pts

Level 1 - Pit of the Pendulum

SWOOSH goes the headsmans axe-

1 x 28mm model + bonus = 25pts

60 pts total, not a bad start. Stay safe out there.

Matt Todd

-------

Cap'n Wednesday likes a feisty wench, there be no doubt. But one who can turn him to stone with a look is a Harridan to avoid, thats to be sure! A fantastic little vignette Matt, and I love the bright colours too.

The Headsman is also a wonderfully thematic fig - you can almost hear him yelling "Next!" to his henchmen.

60 points it is!

Cap'n Wednesday

12 comments:

  1. Really nice brushwork Matt...I know these are supporting characters, but I was most impressed with the "statues" - they look great. On the rare occasion where I have tried to paint one of my soldier-figures to be a statue, I can't get it right...well done all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, great work Matt, that medusa vignette is superb. I'm with Greg, those poor 'statues' look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work Matt, I don’t wanna meet either one. I’ll add my voice to the great statues chorus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vignettes and great finish on the stone chaps!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool dioramas bro! Cheers Jez T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, the statues took me longer to paint than medusa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, and yes, those statues! But the fairely gruesome executioner is very well done too, and I love the plinth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, I love it.
    The executioners bowl is suitably gruesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work on both counts. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super start, love both of these, some great little details
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete