Tuesday 11 January 2022

ChrisW - Nanarchists, Fenians, Martians, British oh my (383 points)

First off, I feel I may have not introduced myself all that well, so here it goes, again.

I am retired & live in Ottawa, Canada. I have a limited internet presence under the name Menelduir. I started miniature gaming sometime around 1972 when my parents brought home a book from England by Terence Wise, titled  'Introduction to Battle Gaming'.  If my parents only realized what they were doing when they gave me that book...

I should be much better at this given the almost 50 years in this hobby, but I am not, nor has retirement  significantly increased my hobby output or quality.  Yes I have a fair amount of free time (I am married & wish to stay that way so not all my time can go into my hobby) but l have always relied on games to drive production and current events have put a crimp in my gaming, no games, no production.  Now thanks to this challenge and my embracing of the Tuesday deadline I have been able to add some much needed pressure and stress to encourage me to get stuff done.

I have fed my eclectic taste in miniatures gaming by priming any metal/resin miniatures shortly after I buy them. This means that I can readily feed my random desires without the bother of prep time. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Now onto today's post.


So picking up from where we left off last week, we manage to leave Skaros by way of  Sarah's yacht courtesy of two peaceful nannies enjoying a game of catch? Some may call them nanarchists, but at least the kids are entertained! (miniatures from Eureka)



 

They seemed to enjoy the company of a number of high flying Fenians. We all met up on planet Caprica, delightful place full of surprises and domes, er sorry did you say full of doom, not domes, doom, oh that not going to be good at all. ('Fenian' jump troops from Brigade games)



Brigade games

While enjoying the climate of Caprica they were surprised  by a visit from some nice Ether Marines, accompanied by their Martian allies. ('Ether marines' are Eureka & appear to be OOP)

Commander Cody



Eureka miniatures

and the Martian colonial troops (RAFM)







Oh yeah the British also brought along a couple of mighty tanks! (Spartan games)



Oh how their enemies tremble at the sight of these mighty behemoths. See how they flee as the very ground shakes around them. Who can be expected to resist these monstrosities!!!

What the ....?

Mighty machines, well they look bigger in the catalog!

Now the thing is, I seem to have gone rather green this week. The end result is that the Martians could easily be viewed as being allied with the Fenians, a sudden shift like that would see the British outnumbered and themselves ambushed. It will be handy to have that flexibility from this unit.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So down to the points
  • 100 points for 10 x 28mm cavalry
  • 50 points for 10 x 28mm Fenian infantry
  • 50 points for 10 x 28mm Martian colonial troops
  • 10 points for the 2  Nanarchists
  • 63 points for 9 x 40 mm Ether knights(see picture for size)
  • 30 points for 2 x small 28mm tanks (lower points as they the size of a 20mm tank)
  • 20 points for visiting planet Caprica
  • 20 points for using Sarah's yacht (something not claimed last 2 posts!)

------------------------------------------------------ 

Assuming my math and assumptions are correct that should be 343 points for 43 items.

More points if we add in the unclaimed Sarah's yacht points (+40) nudge, nudge.

This weeks tally, & view of how Fenians seem doomed


That is another great points-bomb, Chris! I think the "nanarchists" are my favourites, but I do like the cricket pads on the Aether Marines!

I've added the bonus points for two trips on Lady Sarah's Star Yacht that you had forgotten to claim before.

Tamsin

27 comments:

  1. Wow, what a crazy and creative assortment of figures. "Ether Marines" are brilliant - I wish I could have spotted them at Eureaka before they went OOP.

    The tanks look to be about 1/56 scale...just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a boat load of gloriousness. I absolutely love the "nanarchists"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection of Victorian weirdness! Love the nanarchists. You have given me a Hot Rod Lincoln earworm, where are Commander Cody’s Lost Planet Airmen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ‘Nanarchists’ … chuckle.
    Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff I really like those Nanarchists :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of stuff, well done! And this Challenge does wonders, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant post. Love them all. I have to agree with Tamsin's cricket pad comment - made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those very British cricket pads, what ho! Chaps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! What a grand collection of figures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chris!
    Waving at you from over in Barrie. Absolutely fabulous and whimsical entry. If you ever make it to Hotlead in Stratford in March, bring this force to the VSF pick up game on Sunday. Terrific stuff.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, I am hoping to make it to Hotlead this year.

      Delete
  11. Brilliant - love the bomb throwing nannies and cavalry

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great looking mix of SF weirdness. I like the tankettes, they look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much to like about this post mate. Just amazing. If I had to choose a favourite I think it would be the bomb tossing nannies but it's all brilliant. I have a copy of Introduction to Battle Gaming and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a outstanding output

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work Chris, you have been busy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely brilliant! Nanarchists indeed. Love the tanks, gotta love a mini behemoth!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great one Chris your output puts us all to shame ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant stuff. Love the maids with the prams.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful work and a great mix..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great mad mix of stuff, nanny's are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great mix of figures, super 👍

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are great, especially the tanks!

    ReplyDelete