Friday 12 April 2024

MattW it’s a wrap 2024

 This year a more modest goal of 750 points which I manage to miss by two points…. I was on vacation for almost three months, just about all of the challenge visiting family and friends in Australia, plus a visit to Cancon Australias largest wargames convention, where I caught up with some fellow challengers and picked up 2kg of lead….. then returned to France for 6 days before going to Paris for a week, then up to the Champagne district on our yearly champagne purchasing trip (plus visiting the Napoleonic and ww1 battlefields nearby)

As per normal I had a wide mix of bits prepared but only managed to complete some due to Piss poor planning …. I prepared quite a lot before the challenge and departed with a carry bag of 100 odd hairy Germans, and a few smaller pieces. What I failed to do though was pack the correct bag of decals for my Germans….. so I based and completed what I could and entered them. Then when I returned I thought I would enter the figures I had painted by finding the transfers ….. which I failed to do because I got sidetracked, however I did get some 28mm fallschirmjager completed which was a good thing! 





No real favourites this year, but the long holiday has boosted my completion rate since the challenge with all of the Germanics completed in the last 10 days adding another 60 odd to the collection, more Fallschirmjager and completed some other bits that was prepped for the APC. 

See you all next year

Cheers

Matt

14 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you found time to paint anything, Matt. Fab work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had time on and off, at my mom’s, at the beach house, or the apartment in Sydney, where I based everything and my paint supplies live!

      Delete
  2. Awesome to catch up at CanCon Matt - looking forward to the next time, as always mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Numpty — book in for a painting challenge and go on holiday .. 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, well I guess the best laid plans of mice and men….

      Delete
  4. Sometimes the plans won't survive, but... Yeah, better luck next time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was close, I did forget to enter any one of my historical pieces into the library so could of got myself 20 free points,

      Delete
  5. Better luck painting next time! Though I the 3 month vacation interruption sounds rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very pleasant weather compared to Europe

      Delete
  6. You had a fabulous Challenge, Matt! I especially loved your ancient Germans. Well done!

    ReplyDelete