Wednesday 10 December 2014

From SanderS - And We're Off! 28mm Snotlings (25 Points)

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with not a little trepidation that I hereby present my first contribution to this Hallowed Hall of Artisans. This little vignette of squabbling Snotlings (of Freebooter make) is my entrance fee for our esteemed foreman Lord C.




Apart from it being a very nice scene, it is also my first attempt to paint NNM's. So I hope Curt does not find it wanting too much upon arrival at his door. I do apologize for the quality of the pictures but it's beastly weather outside and therefore decent lighting is far from easy to obtain.


I wish everybody loads of fun painting and a very nice Challenge indeed!

Cheers Sander
From Curt:
What a cool vignette, thanks so much Sander! I remember coming across this range a year or so ago on a blog somewhere and thinking what amazing little figures they were. They have great character and are very fun. I love that they are struggling around with helmets and armour that is waaay too large for them (and you can't have goblins without some mushrooms in the scene!). Your Non-Metalic-Metal worked out very well, especially on the battered swords and the helmet visors - nicely done and thanks again!

14 comments:

  1. Welcome to the fray Sander! This is a neat little vignette. You've done a fine job with them and I do like the way you based them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one mate. You can almost hear them squabbling about something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the asylum Sander. Nice Snotlings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green iz Meen! Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. +1 for snotling! Nice work on the little guys and quite convincing NMM technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like these guys, so much whimsy, and the basing is terrific. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks every one for all the kind words. Have a very nice challenge all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snotlings are the best. You really brought out their lunk-headed charm here--great base work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome in our rows! Very nice work on these tiny fellas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. snotlings.. should have saved them for Cold bonus round!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the NMM! A technique I plan on trying out myself! Great little greenskins!

    ReplyDelete