Monday 28 March 2016

Brett's Challenge - The Reveal Party

For my first time doing this painting challenge I managed to meet my goal and not make the wife mad! I also enjoyed seeing all the different things others had painted and pushing myself to paint more than I likely would have. Next year I will have a 6 month old so the likely hood of doing another 1000 points might be a stretch. Or so I am told by others with kids. Either way I will get some painting done next challenge!

Everything I painted together

I started out with the idea of painting the whole ACW Battle in a box by Perry Miniatures. However I quickly switched gears and ended up painting Kings of War first and would continue switching around through the competition. 

After painting up the Kings of war figures I switched to Flames of war and then back to Kings of war. I did this several times till I finally decided to move on.

Doing the USA vehicles it was my first foray into dealing with decals. While someone time consuming not as hard as I made myself think it would be.

The German group I painted up. Thanks to the comments on my first post of these guys I dont feel so bad about the camo/attempt camo scheme on them now. Still missing that dang base for those 4 Germans though!!

Finally made it to the ACW battle in a box set. I started out with Union soldiers. While just being rank and file these still seemed to take a good amount of time. 

Finally the last ones I painted up. The Confederates. I used different colors on their hats and pants etc to try and show they weren't as well supplied and they would use what they could. Even painted some of their pants union color as if they got them by raiding a union convoy. (or so I have read and been told, don't want to upset any history buffs)

So at last with the painting challenge over I am now on to a new painting challenge. I am to paint the new baby's room. It won't be quite as much fun as this challenge was. However it must be done and it will be a whole lot easier than painting a ton of minis!


The wife and I at our "reveal" party. I was told we had to have one of these parties and I was also told I had to wear the shirt. I believe I was promised certain "things" if I wore it. However I dare not ask for them now. FYI we will be having a girl.

14 comments:

  1. Great to see all your handiwork together in the one place.

    And congratulations on embarking upon the biggest Challenge of them all - parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good one Brett and it's nice to see everything displayed together. You've a lovely wife to be putting up with this malarkey during this time.

    Congratulations on having a girl. Wishing you all a healthy and happy birth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome collection of stuff you got painted. Baby times ahead for you. Good fun and be prepared to be tired on a scale that is previously unknown to you. Great to put another face to another name. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the impending birth. See you next year with a smaller target

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new arrival - you should be able to handle sleep deprivation better by next year so I'm expecting even more painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely painting and good luck with the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your embarking on a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection of figures and congratulations on the soon to be new baby! Plenty of painting time for the first few months...... It's when they get mobile that it gets tricky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh your own 1:1 project,congrats! it's the greatest projects of all and very much fun from start till, well ever! Nothing wrong with the shirt...probably...I think ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on the output and the new one on the way. Any shirt that your wife wants to wear is a good shirt to wear - and it looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great collection Brett, good luck with the new arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  12. An excellent first Challenge you had Brett. Hope to see you again next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A mighty fine collection, Brett! Just Remer that the Cherokee Rifles and Choctaw brigade had sweet flags and fought for the Confederacy. Gen Stand Waite was a Cherokee whom was also last to surrender and was never beaten. He did supply his troops with Union supplies. ;)
    Congratulations on the incoming lass too! Girls are awesome( I have 3) but they age you fast when they become tween-agers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stuff and Congradulations.

    ReplyDelete