Monday 29 January 2018

From KyleC : Khorne Bloodbound gang (55 points)


So I am just squeezing these guys out in time to post on the Monday...

A few chaps and I have begun our own little tale of 4 warlords competition to get us all back into Age of Sigmar. We each chose our own little starter box, and have gotten into it.

I picked Khorne Bloodbound as they could easily be partnered up with my Nurgle/Death Guard forces in the future as a separate detachment ( with some liberation taken on what units count as ). That and I have an idea for the force that might be really cool or horrible depending on how it is executed...



So far I have worked over the Slaughterpriest and the Blood Warriors that come in the boxset. I have realized that my OSL work on the orange is lacking on the main model, so I want to test it further before I place it onto the infantry itself.

They will all also get a dosing of snow, but only once I have the whole starter box finished up ( 3 Juggernauts and riders to go now ).


If I can manage it I will head into the local GW shop and put them up against the others in this current army painting challenge that is going on. Will see how I do against the rest of them, even if the third round involves a model/unit choice I am not looking to buying nor think I need at the moment.



The Blood Warriors took me forever this week to get completed due to all the rims on the armor sections needing metallics applied. But I think it worked out in the end.

So 11 models at 5 pts a piece, makes an easy 55 pts! Not the best, but it does the trick!

____________________________________________

Woah,..... Kyle!!  These are magnificent!  The whole unit just oozes menace, and the pale blues and frosted tones really blend very well with the metallic armour.  That's a lovely looking unit, right there - with a particular shout-out for the fire-eyed skull sitting at the base of the huge half naked guy with the cleaver!  I would not want to meet these guys on a snow-bound walking expedition (...or indeed anywhere!)

It's always fun to build up forces with other players - taking a few units each and see where you all collectively get to.  I'm sure these will definitely be one of the stars of any show when the games start coming.

Terrific work again (and congratulations on the very well deserved second place in the "BFG" round).  In total, these chaotic maniacs will add another 55 points to your spiralling score....taking you over your initial Challenge target of 1000 points....

.....which means with Benito and Narval, you're officially one of our heroes of this Sixth Monday of the Challenge!  HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!



17 comments:

  1. I'm surrounded by Stakhanovites!
    ; )
    Congrats on reaching your target, Kyle, well done! Some wonderfully vivid colour schemes there, really well blended and layered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I see what you did there with the name!
      : D

      Delete
  2. Nice work Kyle and congrats on breaching your target :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on this grim looking crew - love the blue. I think I was on the bus with the lad with the vertical pony tail the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great brushwork Kyle. Ah, Khorne...so, so whacky...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a level of detail in those minis! And congratualtions for reaching the target

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing Khorne models that are NOT red. These are fabulous Kyle. I trust you'll do quite well in the local competition with them. AND congrats on reaching your points target - you're on fire this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps I am not moving house this year ( 3rd times the charm? )... but it is ticking over at a decent rate it seems :D Let's see how far we go from here..

      Delete
  8. While not commonly associated with Khorne that blue armour looks ace! Quite an intimidating bunch you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blue ish armour it looks perfect great painting mate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff! No Red for the Red God on these bad boys. They look frosty cool and chill. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking khorne supporters, love the cold blue!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Kyle! Amazing paintjob all the way, but those skin tones especially are spot on! And nice touch with the blue armour, really helps them stand out compared to the normal red Khornites.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look fantastic,Kyle! I also appreciate seeing khorne followers not wearing red....yet! The detail and colors on these guys is very nice and almost too subtle for Khorne! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m impressed by the absence of red!

    ReplyDelete