Saturday 27 January 2018

From TeemuL: Spanish Civil and Age of Sigmar (69 points)

This week saws all kinds of stuff from me. Firstly I painted three Nurgling Bases from the Blightwar box to get some more "troopers" for my Mixed Chaos army for our Firestorm campaign. I decided to use quite bright colors, Moot Green, Biel-Tan Green wash and some yellow and blue drybrushing for the skin. They are not masterpieces, but better than I expected from them.




Then the last four unpainted Spanish Civil War Republican Militia members I have. I bought a pack last year from Empress Miniatures for the Curtgeld purposes and this year I finally managed paint the last of them. I gave all these blue trousers as well, just to keep an unified look on different sculpts. Limited palette helps with that of course, there is actually dirty white and dirty yellow on clothes, but they are not that visible in the photos. I gave them a plain red flag (with my extraordinary green stuff skills), which would allow them to fight in pretty much any force. Now I only need the opposing force, some rules and an opponent... The first two are probably the easiest. :) I could use those Crooked Dice Nazi Lizards against them, but they all have fancy sub-machine guns, so it is probably an overkill. :)


My whole Republican Militia force, 13 models

The stretch goal for this week was this Bloodstoker, which I just managed to finish. I just need add some tufts to the base, which I forgot. This fellow comes from the Age of Sigmar starter set and uses his whip to make the Khorne fighters to run even faster in to the battle. The blade on the right arm is actually stuck into his arm stump, he is not holding it with his fingers or anything. Looks quite brutal with the barbed whip.


Torn pants


Scoring wise the 4 Spanish guys are worth 5 points a piece, so 20 points.

Curt scored the Nurglings earlier in this Challenge with this formula: "...round out the Nurglings on the mass bases as 15mm figures", what that means, I have no idea. I feel sorry for you, my minion.

Bloodstoker is the same size as some other Khorne models I painted last year, which were counted as 40mms, so 7 points.

That gives me a total of 27 and some points.

___________________________________________

Oh I do like a scoring challenge!  Fortunately Curt has already led the way with the Nurglings so using his method I'm plumping for 42 points for the little chaps giving you a grand tally of 69 for the entry, well done Teemu!

12 comments:

  1. Nice work Teemu. A real variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent stuff Teemu! I'm happy you've made use of the remainder of those Spanish Militia - I wish them well against their SMG armed Nazi Lizardmen foes (oh dear). Sorry for the arcane points tabulation on the Nurglings but I think Sir Michael has puzzled it out with admirable ease. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very nice collection of well painted figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice nurglings and splendid republicans!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nurgle forces are always nice to see... and then Khorne to finish them off.. great stuff! Oh and those historicals are nice as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all, they were a real pleasure to paint, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a diverse and entertaining assortment Teemu - great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on the lot, Teemu! The nurglings have not lost their mischievous whimsy at all, and that Korner fellow looks appropriately brutal. I like your foray into the Spanish civil war, maybe you'll add some more? They are perfect for pulp adventures though!

    ReplyDelete