Friday 4 January 2019

From MattK - More Carribean Natives and an Elf Banner

This weeks entry is short and sweet. Unfortunately real life got in the way and I got sick right in the middle of my 3-day weekend so this week is just a small submission.

First up is another 4 natives for the Blood and Plunder force. These are called Young Warriors so to keep them easy to identify I left the feathers white instead of the more colorful ones from last week.

I mentioned this in a comment but since people were asking, the skintone is simply Vallejo Beige-Brown with an Army Painter strong tone wash,

Next up I spent the whole of New Years Eve Day building a new Age of Sigmar army and I spent most of New Years Day painting the first piece for it.

Heres a close up of the banner itself and a shot from the back.
Super short submission this week but unfortunately this is all I got finished. I have a ton of stuff in progress but I figured I shouldnt miss a week. This should be:
5 x 28mm infantry at 5 points each for a total of 25

__________________________________________________________________

And folks, we have a late breaking entry moving up on the outside. Very not French, except in a Flintloquian way, where elves are French.

A smashing job on those young warriors! I've often found that a brown or black wash over various dark skintones does a wonder at bringing out the details and facial expressions on figures, and often better than a shadow-main-highlight triad does!

I do like the work you've done on the Elf, especially the banner. White is a hard color to shade, and yet white and blue is classic High Elf. My dwarves may dislike it, being very fond of grey themselves, but you've done a marvelous job. Especially on the banner. I find painting cast on flags, even with (or especially with) the help of decals to be a right royal pain. Yours is splendid.

So 25 points for the five figures, and another five for the banner itself. So posted.

And, as we're closing on 21:31 Pacific Standard Time, that's the end of the first Friday Follies for Challenge IX.

13 comments: