Wednesday 20 November 2019

As Always I’m Late to the Ball


Hopefully better late than never on this one.  The end of the Challenge hits at the end of my winter semester which is a very busy time for me, plus I’m typically run completely out of gas and running on fumes by that time.  I tell myself that I’ll get my wrap up shot posted once exams are marked and in the system, but there’s always a long list of honey- dos with the same time frame.

Ok pathetic whinging over, here’s what I did over the Challenge plus a few extras.  Almost all are Seven Years War units, with the exception of my mouse adventurers.  I have the full unit of Orleans Dragoons, 12 men instead of the 4 painted in the Challenge.  The old Foundry figures had a lot of “character” and took a lot of time, so the last 8 loitered on the work bench half done for months.  I also rebased the unit, wrapping bases of twos for bases of threes.  I also have added the full unit of the Hessian regiment that I finished this Challenge, finishing 8 figures to go with the predicting 12 from a prior Challenge.

As always I had a blast on the Challenge this year.  It’s a great incentive to get ones butt in gear and get painting.  It’s also great to see others work and steal ideas from them.  However, the best Challenge related activity was getting to meet Miles at his secret Bond Villain lair on the Chesapeake.

No comments:

Post a Comment