Wednesday 8 January 2020

From GrahameH : Started at last. My first entry. 15mm ECW - 69 points

Having to work through Christmas and New Year seriously hinder any opportunity in getting some painting done. However I did manage to get this unit completed.

32 x 15mm Essex figures representing Newcastle’s regiment during the English Civil War. I actually painted 42 figures but couldn’t get them to fit on the bases so they will be transferred to my Scots army when I re-base them.

Right, now I’ve started I have got to try and catch up with Mike W, who is from the same club as me. Can’t have him thinking he hasn’t got a real challenge on his hands can we. Just joking.


Front view

Rear view the view my opponent usually sees as my troops bravely runaway

Think that’s 64 points only another 1936 to go.

From DaveD. We now how another challenger over the start line -,the Snowlord will be pleased . That looks line a fine start . I have given you a bonus 5 for flags and pikes and for crossing the start line.

13 comments:

  1. Those pike squares look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine work, they look lovely.
    "Only" another 1936 to go...I can't see any issues :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you off and running Grahame. Nice work on these, very effective black lining on the 15s. The backside is what you'll see as you lead them forward to victory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pike & shotte unit, Grahame :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome on board! Excellent first submission. 15mm at its best I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done. "1936 to go" - sounds like you're nearing the final straight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice brushwork, they look splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking whitecoats!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really nice 15mm ECW regiment, Grahame. Which rules will you be using?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great figures Grahame, well up to your usual standards. I'm already feeling the pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work at a small scale!

    ReplyDelete