Friday 22 January 2021

AdamC: Gravyard Beach the Ghost ship Banshee (35 points)

 For years I have have seen people do great work with Grayscale but have never tried it myself.  After trying it once(sort of) this challenge I decided I would try it again. Black Seas Box sets give you way too many brigs for normal use but that does give me a chance to be creative so I decided to do one a a Ghost ship in greyscale.  The ghost ship naturally isn't quite in fitting with the historically themed game of Black Seas but they have sea monsters so why not.
Naturally I couldn't resits giving my ghost ship a pirate scull and bones flag. It just had to be done, obviously, but please don't call her the Black Pearl. I think I shall christen her the Banshee in honor of my Irish ancestors. 
I decided to use the battle damaged sails I got as part of a painting contest prize over the summer. They seem to fit the look I think as going for. 
I am very pleased with how this my second effort at Greyscale came out hopefully others will like it as well. Brigs are worth 10 points and maybe an additional 3 for rigging and perhaps another 2 for sails and the flag. The room should add another 20 so 35 points in total. Mention was made the entries fitting the nautical theme might gain some additional bonus but I won't suggested how much extra that should be.

8 comments:

  1. Back in my day, 1820, all ships over a year old would start to look like this without paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking ghost ship!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous work, the sails are outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great looking model and fits in perfectly with the theme. Sails are top 👌
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting choice the the grey scale, nice painting Adam.

    ReplyDelete