Wednesday 24 February 2021

Richard P - 28mm Swiss Pike & Glorantha Agimori Skirmishers (40 Points)

 Another couple of small projects finished. First up a group of 4 x 28mm Old Glory Swiss Pikemen. This is the start of a 12 man unit for Lion Rampant. First 4 samples as I wanted to try out the basing ideas inspired by David Sullivan's I Live with Cats blog. The unit will eventually consist of 1 x 3 man base, 3 x 2 man bases and 3 x 1 man bases allowing for all different configurations of casualty removal.





Next up a couple of bases of skirmishers to accompany my Glorantha Agimori pike unit that I did earlier in the challenge. Figures are plastic with bits from Perry's, Warlord Games and Wargames Factory Zulu ranges.



Sorry if the pictures are a bit dark. I've been messing about trying to get a set up that i'm happy with to take photos. More work needed I think. Plus I think it's time I invested in a camera rather than use my phone.

-----

Very nice Richard - I like the pike fellows especially. The 3-2-1 basing is useful I find, but does somewhat limit you to those rules. Next time I do it I might try the groupings on rectangular bases so I can also group them up for other systems.

Cap'n Wednesday

10 comments:

  1. Just realised the Swiss Drummer is actually a Foundry figure 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking Swiss and the skirmishers are rather nice too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rather lovely Swiss and not Zulus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice! I must confess I like the pikemen best, their basing looks top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the Swiss troops. Unusual basing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work Richard. I like those Swiss pike especially. Hmm, I may need to pick some up for my collection...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I've thought about adopting that basing but haven't been brave enough.

    ReplyDelete