Friday 30 April 2021

From TeemuL: Challenge XI Collection

Time just flies... But anyway, earlier this week I caught up with the Challenge posts, I have now managed to read all of them (expect some of the group photo posts). I was a  bit behind the whole Challenge and thus didn't comment on many of them purely because I was so late (I'm not a wizard, you know). The first two and half weeks of the Challenge I was on vacation, which meant I had very limited time for hobbies. Before the Challenge we also bought an old house which we started to renovate late last year and finally week after the Challenge we moved in. It is far from ready, of course. Old houses, like so many other things in life, are never finished...



Here's all what I managed to paint during the Challenge (missing S.N. Owl-Ord for obvious reasons and Sylvaneth trees because they in a different cabinet behind all the other Sylvaneth). But other minis I have dug out from the moving boxes and here they are. Not that much in the end, but managing to complete the Chambers of Challenge I gathered quite a lot of points in the end.


Here is photo of the halberdiers which Snowlord asked from me, this time they have their shields decaled and they have two friends. The paint job doesn't exactly match, but the colors do (except the the shield motif). Now, if anyone knows where to get command figures for this unit, please let me know.


My Lotr (or MESBG) eagle got a lot of notice, here's two photos with the latest one with frieds. There's now three plastic ones and metal Gwaihir, all painted very quickly with Citadel Contrast paints.


No photo of me this time, unfortunately, but since I'm still participating in the Vaccine Challenge, I might post something there!

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a lot going on and you still managed to paint a load of minis. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Challenge was kind of a forced break from everything else, giving me something else to think and do.

      Delete
  2. Impressive output with a house move and renovation!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work Teemu especially given the move and the old house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You managed to get a lot done despite life getting in the way a bit! Well done, Teemu, we will be “seeing” each other in the Vaccination Challenge for a while I guess 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work Teemu. Gosh, I love those giant eagles. Best wishes with your new (to you) house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, those eagles are one of my easiest and still most impressive miniatures.

      Delete