Monday 4 April 2022

Challenge XII Round up MattW

 Round Up Matt W

Another end of a challenge, thank you again to Curt and the minions for conducting a fabulous event once again.

 I set a big lofty goal this year of 1200 points and come running out of the gate opening with Napoleonics as my main focus, followed by some medieval, ancients. and entered the blog challenge quadrant for the first time.

I then ended up with a little hiccup part way through.............. In early January we travelled back to Australia to settle my Father in Laws estate, this become a but of a saga that I will not go into, but I am still in Australia as I type this. So no more progress was made except for my first 218 points.

I am returning to France in mid April to l'hotel de Hercé, getting prepared for a successful year at French Wargame Holidays after two years of Covid (with bookings now full for late April and June, for the first time since 2018). I hope to get some of my projects done during the year and you will find my updates on my projects on my blog at Storm and Conquest

I enjoyed the chats with everyone online, facebook and video link up chats. I am looking forward to the next challenge and hopefully Curtis will be insane enough to keep this up!


My 28mm Napoleonic Mamelukes from Foundry, really loved doing these

12 Mamelukes of the Imperial Guard







 28mm Front Rank Austrian Command, both these are divisional commanders, one Infantry division commander and one Hussar Cavalry division general stand.  

Austrian Hussar General







 Gaulois Chieftain Virdovix, chief of the Uenelli tribe



The plastic kit is Revell 1/285th scale Sith Infiltrator
 





cheers
Matt

27 comments:

  1. Some great figures Matt. Sorry to hear about your father in law. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, he had a great innings, 94, served in the South African Army in 44-45 in Egypt, then migrated to Australia after the war, run a number of businesses and left a legacy for his family, you could ask for more.

      regards
      Matt

      Delete
    2. Indeed, sounds like a life well led.

      Delete
  2. You had a great start on the Challenge, Matt, but your Australia twist seems to really messed up everything. I hope everything is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, should be settled this week I hope, then return to France and try and get a normal business year in this summer and Autumn.

      cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  3. Your Napoleonics are great Front Rank have some great sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your father-in-law. What you did produce was top notch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may have fallen way short of your goal, but those Mamelukes sure are pretty! Hope to see you again next Challenge, and I hope that will be an easier time for you. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I did enjoy painting them

      cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  6. Great stuff Matt - sorry that issues came up, but fine work, and I hope things go well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Greg, hope to be back in France before easter

      cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  7. Very lovely work on those Napoleonics. I am very sad to hear about your father in law and your travails in Australia. To next year, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robert, he had a good innings at 94.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. What you were able to finish was terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope things go as well with the family as they can do Matt, you've produced some nice stuff. Just had an idea as we're planning a trip back to the UK next year - I wonder if I can persuade my wife to visit France next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hopefully wrap up before Easter.

      I will look forward to your booking with us, make sure you sell the wife on the house and shopping! Then we can slip in a wargame or two ;)

      cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  10. I am sad to hear about your father in law, all considering you've done a great job on your Challenge entries!

    Take care Matt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sander, I was a fine fellow and had a good innings

      regards
      Matt

      Delete
  11. Awesome mamelukes! Lovely Austrian command pity you weren't able to push on but what you did do was great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful work, Matt (your Mamelukes were superb). So sorry to hear of your father-in-law, but it sounds like he had a life well-lived. That being said, I hope you get home soon to enjoy the rest of the spring in France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt, he did. Hopefully home before easter

      cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  13. Very sorry to hear about your father in law. Lovely Mamelukes. Have a good holiday booking season.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete