Tuesday 6 December 2022

From Barks: Behold! My stuff

G'day everyone,

I'm really looking forward to AHPC XIII. I thought I'd follow the Snowlord's lead and introduce myself. 

I'm Barks; I run a blog; I live in Australia; this will be my eighth AHPC. I love the cameraderie and the impetus to get things done. Not to mention the inspiration! I've always enjoyed the theme rounds as a way to get unusual models painted. I have Minioned previously; this year I shall be a Challenger.


AHPC VI

I am a wargaming butterfly with interests in many areas, scales, and periods. I have a lot of half-completed projects... I seem to slide into sci-fi and Middle-earth quite a bit, though. I like painting faces and infantry, I dislike painting vehicles. I have a temperamental 3D printer. I have long contemplated an airbrush. My hobby area is a complete mess and unfit for public viewing.

AHPC VII

I dislike prepping. I am, nevertheless, currently sticking together hordes of Citadel plastics. I'll then glue sand to the bases before hitting them with a rattlecan. I may try 'slapchop' for some projects. I'm trying to clear out some half-finished figures or else they will have to languish until March. I'd love to get some scenery done but would need to cut some MDF.

AHPC VIII

My enthusiasm ramps up when I get the theme rounds list- then I really start to strategise my approach and the order I will get things done.

AHPC IX

My goal is to reach a lifetime 10 000 AHPC points during this Challenge.

AHPC X

I love receiving comments, and I will try to comment- at least briefly- on all your posts.

AHPC XI

Pro tip: Faces are the focus of a model and forgive other problems elsewhere. Eyes sell a face- but they don't have to have whites and pupils.

AHPC XII

Pet peeves: Uncropped photos- I want to see your toys, not the desktop!

See you all in a few weeks!

Barks

PS: I also feel responsible/ to blame for the skull duel- more info soon.

24 comments:

  1. Good to see you again Barks! I'll be very interested in your experience with slap chop, and looking forward to more of your great paint jobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martijn! I've never quite got zenithal undercoating to work for me.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to a wide and wacky variety from you Barks, plus lots of skulls. You should feel guilty about the Skull duel, but it’s a guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to read and see your 'pre-game show'! Always a pleasure to have you with us Barks. I look forward to running into you in the turnip field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping the Kickstarter provides a good few stls, and that I get some more resin...

      Delete
  4. Good to see you again Barks. Can't wait to see what you bring to this year's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prepping is most likely the one thing I'd like to skip in this hobby, no creativity at all. And I dislike painting vehicles (and everything larger than regular man/woman/human/warrior/trooper/being), they are big, they catch the attention and "require" a good paint job, because they are centerpieces, but I have no stamina to paint them in good level, find all the details and weather them.

    But, I'm of course looking forward for your output, many skulls and squirrels, maybe even both combined? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you here another year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome stuff mate - good luck with the 10k goal and hope to see you in person at CANCON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul! I'm not committed to CanCon this year- we'll see how January looks.

      Delete
  8. Someone is going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot (too much?) of stuff to be busy with!

      Delete
  9. Bravo Barks, good to see a fellow Aussie with lofty goals! Looking forward to your projects and I will try to comment when I can to boost you along. All the best

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to have you back again, Barks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes Barks 10,000 points is admirable

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back and a 10k goal is an amazing feat!

    ReplyDelete