Friday 16 December 2022

Steve K - AHPC XIII, my first go at the challenge!

 


With 5 days to go until I embark upon my first Analogue Hobby painting challenge I thought id introduce myself, Im steve (or Stig) and I run the little legions hobby blog and youtube channel.

I thought id jump in this year, as a few members of my club regularly take part and seem to get a load of stuff done every year. So thanks to Dave Docherty, Martin Cooke and James Macmillan.

I have a ton of stuff that needs painting, a lead and plastic mountain that just seems to grow bigger every year, despite my best efforts to keep it under control!

So the plan.. in no particular order....

15mm WW2, halftracks and crews from Forged in battle. Also there are a couple of late war MG42 teams.

Just sat behind them are 3 Shermans from Plastic soldier company that still need priming.
Next I have some 3d printed market stalls that I picked up at the excellent battleground show last month, to go with them are 6 perry miniatures arab civilians.










4 games workshop savage Orcs and a couple of goblin spider riders, to be added to my SAGA age of magic Warband.

24 GW rohan warriors and a 3d printed character from medbury miniatures.

7 Riders of Rohan from GW.



A great big Balrog, ive had this one for quite a while, should be a real challenge to paint up!


16 wolf riders from Oathmark, I use these as Warg riders in my LOTR games.













A bunch of Primaris Marines, ive had these for a couple of years now, very expensive miniatures... about time I actually painted them methinks.




Finally, I plan to use the challenge to kick start my new project, The 100 years War in 28mm. These are all Perry miniatures and are a mix of plastic and metal models.


The whole lot. That should keep me pretty busy over the next few months, although im sure more will be added !!

Thanks for having me along this year!
Steve.


20 comments:

  1. Great to have you along Stig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Hobby area and an interesting range of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard, nice set up. I admire your focus on a variety of different genres/subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Steve! You seem to have prepared yourself quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Steve! Lots of interesting stuff there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome watch that first step its a killer

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s a real shame that your balrog has wings, otherwise have a great Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but it's a pretty cool looking beastie anyway.

      Delete
    2. Just kidding 😉. I look forward to it being painted up!

      Delete
  8. Great post Steve. I really like the looks of your hobby room - very nice. Best of luck with your Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are going to need more figures Stig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right Martin. I've actually started prepping more stuff....

      Delete
  10. Great stuff and such a neat set up -- can't wait to see it all come together especially the Perry HYW 28mm's

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to have you along for the ride Steve - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Steve, some great projects on the project desk! All the best in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Stig, good to know I'm not the only first timer. Great gaming room set up by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome aboard, and may I compliment how neat and organized your hobby area is! Awesome looking setup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to the Challenge Steve! Another of the Yorkshire lot, excellent great setup and a fine collection of thing to paint, looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to have you join us Steve, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome aboard, Stig! I look forwards to seeing what you do with these!

    ReplyDelete