Thursday 23 March 2023

From TomC: Aaaaaand cut!

I would like to (forgive me) set the scene before I go through what I managed to get through during the Challenge: it is late 2022, Liz Truss squats athwart the helm of the United Kingdom, and I have only completed one figure so far in the year.



There she is, 5 points worth of Corporate Security Unit from Corvus Belli's Infinity game. That was it. So, cut forward several months and I am very pleased to have at least managed to best that!





 All in the light-box (if not all quite in focus...), with plenty of firsts for me in there and thankfully just enough to get me over my points target! I was a little short of my stretch goal of reaching the Director's Chair but all in all I'm glad to have managed what I did get done. 

 So thank you, once again, to Curt for engineering the Challenge, Sidney for the wonderful locations, Phil and his phellow Minions for herding us cats, my wife for her patience, and to the many people kind enough to comment on any of my posts, you are all wonderful.

 With the spirit of the Challenge in mind, here is what I have on my list to do next and, now that I have offered that information publicly, I have no choice but to actually get them finished!


I did try (and failed) to get this corn-fed chunk done before the Challenge...
...perhaps before AHPC XIV?

 
As a post-credit treat (?), here is the Maestro with some biped:


She knows not personal boundaries

Until next time!

24 comments:

  1. Having reached your target counts as a great success, I say. You may not have gone for quantity, but you certainly made up for that in the quality of your work, Tom. The ships and the Union artillery definitely struck a cord with me, but your Far Eastern Fashion Fans were the highlight. Glad to see that the Maestro is doing well. A “well done” to you too, and see you in the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martijn, you've been very kind with your comments throughout and it's definitely helped me stay motivated! I'm glad you liked them and I'm looking forward to your wrap-up, you've had some great entries this year!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful variety of lovely work Tom and you must let us know who your feline mistress is! Hopefully no paint ever gets near her 🐈🖌️🤪

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Simon, that's Truffle and so far I've managed to get less paint on her than Barks seems to have managed to have got on himself! She does think that brushes in use are a fantastic toy though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There might not be that much, they are pretty. Lots of different genres, all painted very neat. Good job, Tom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu, one of the joys of the Challenge locations is encouraging variety and it's been a great excuse to get started on a few things I might not have otherwise! Thanks for your kind support throughout as well, it's been really appreciated :)

      Delete
  5. As Martijn has said, quality over quantity.Congrats on making your points target, Tom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin, only just made it but the pressure is now there for next Challenge! Thanks for all your comments and for keeping Phil busy on behalf of the rest of the Friday crew as well!

      Delete
  6. What you have done has been lovely work Tom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, now to see if I can sustain any momentum for the rest of the year!

      Delete
  7. Quality over quantity Tom, works well for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, you've been very kind, I'm looking forward to seeing your tiny legions amassed!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, she's cute when she wants to be!

      Delete
  9. I'm happy that the Challenge spurred you on in your painting, Tom. That Corporate Security guard is fabulous and I really enjoyed your other entries as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very much so, I'm now perilously close to completing a set... it's been great to see everyone's entries, definitely going into Salute with a lot of shopping inspiration! (hobby velocity?)
    Glad you enjoyed them, it'll be good to see your entries together too, thanks for all your support :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a great set of high quality entries, and specially the cat who looks the real one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quality over quantity surely! These are some very fine pieces of art Tom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander, I surely can't manage both!

      Delete
  13. Very fine work, Tom! Your samurai were very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers David, I'll have to do more next year, plenty in the pile!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, bit of an experiment for me but I really enjoyed them :)

      Delete