Sunday 7 January 2024

From Rhunt - Space Marines, Elves and odds and sods (135 pts)

 This entry is mostly Space Marines. I also have some more of the yucky to paint elves. I'm also adding my second Denethor model, a Greek hoplite and some Chaos Dwarf (Abyssal Dwarf) artillery.

First up are more of my new Space Smurf army.

My dad got me this model in Canterbury when he was in the UK in 2022. He built if for me right before the Challenge.

I can switch out the weapons but only painted this one so far.

I think I want decals but I haven't decided yet.


My next model is a High Elf archer. I still don't like these models. I can't wait to be done painting them.





Next up is a Reaper Bones model my dad gave me. He might be an elf warrior for Pathfinder of just another fighter.

I liked painting him better than the archer.



Next up is five more Space Marines. These are a lot of fun to paint and I like these models a lot. My dad didn't mind putting them together as much as he did the elves.



Here are close-ups of the Sergeant.




I also finished another five elves. The first archer was done last Sunday and I finished these on Friday.



Next up is another Denethor model. This one is brand new. My dad went to Warhammer World three weeks ago and got his one for me. Now I have two but this one is when he is trying to burn himself and Faramir and is rescued by Gandalf, Pippen and Beregond. This is for the Front Desk and New Acquisitions.




Next up is a Greek hoplite that my dad gave me. He said the Warlord hoplites suck and I'll hate painting it. He was right. But it was easy. This got me the history desk.





The last model is an Abyssal Dwarf (Chaos Dwarf) flame thrower crew from Mantic Games. My dad and I play Kings of War and my army is Chaos Dwarfs. This guy rolls 15 dice so it's really scary.






In Summary:

1 28mm Space Marine jeep @ 20 pts = 20 pts

5 28mm Space Marines @ 5 pts = 25 pts

1 28mm Elf Warrior @ 5 pts = 5 pts

6 28mm High Elves @ 5 pts = 30 pts

1 28mm Hoplite @ 5 pts = 5 pts

1 28mm Artillery flame thrower @ 10 pts = 10 pts


History Bonus = 20 pts

Front Desk and New Acquisitions = 20 pts


Total = 135 pts

Great work here Rhys, and a variety of pieces on display here! I also have issues with Elf models (too clean blah!) but you have done a great job getting through them. Love the Chaos Dwarf ( and who doesn't like a Chaos Dwarf! ) and hope to see more of them in the challenge!

If I could offer a piece of advice on the models, and its mostly personal preference, would be to paint the rim of the bases of the models a single color once the model itself is finished. Either in a straight black, an old school goblin green, or a color matching your gaming table. It will help to bring another layer of cohesion in an army or squad. 

Looking forward to more paint bombs like this one in the future!

Kyle

15 comments:

  1. Impressive output! Fantastic submission

    ReplyDelete
  2. (From Rhunt) Thank you Kyle. That is good advice. I'll try to remember that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great entry Rhunt, the wonderful thing about this comp is everyone is for you, the little hints that you might receive during the comp might seem small, like the basing tip but they all add up and help lift the skill level, keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great work here, I think my favourite is the hoplite. I love that brass shield. I think your Space Marine vehicle would look good with some transfers, they can be fiddly though, maybe your Dad has some old ones you can practise with first?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've seen that Denethor model before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cool collection of figures, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Rhys - I like the blue grass basing, never seen it before, its cool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection of figures Rhys. Keep at the painting and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Space Marines, especially the bases, which scream "SPACE!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work. Having an assembly team is brilliant. You can skip right to the fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work, Rhys. Your comments re: the elves cracked me up. I totally get it. I have many, MANY figures that give me the exact same response. I particularly liked the Denethor you did. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you seem to be on a roll Rhys and I admire your determination to get figures done that you don't particularly like. I wish I had your drive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice collection of Spacers and Elves 👍

    ReplyDelete