These are Renegade Miniatures like the vast majority of my ECW collection and I love them. The detail is sharp, they're well proportioned and the have loads of character. The faces on these are a little flat and gave me some trouble but I'm happy enough with them.
I decided to arm these with a half-pike for no other reason than it looked good. The colour is another home-brew Photoshop effort - just a plain St Andrew's Cross - so these can be used for both sides as required.
As I said I'd never painted plaid (nor tartan) before and had me some swearing [ahem!] until I got my head round it. I wasn't helped by the lack of flat surfaces like kilts either I don't think. A quick squizz at one of the best blogs on t'internet in Project Auldearn 1645 gave me plenty of ideas though and I'd happily do more now. I've got 16 shotte on the table at the moment to go with these but they don't have any plaid (thankfully?).
While I was painting these I also finished my last horse regiment - the mounted version of Sir Arthur Aston's Dragoons. You saw the dismounted version of the same unit in my very first entry this year.
Painting-wise I went a bit crazy on the horse colours once again. 5 different browns, 3 different greys and a black. :-) You'd think I would have given up now as I'm passing the 70 mark with these ones. They're the last ones I'm painting. Really they are. The flag is home-made once again and something of a guess as I explained here.
So a few more Scots shotte figures and this project is pretty much complete. For now. 200+ infantry, 70+ cavalry and a host of other stuff. When I submit the last bits next week I'll do some army shots for you as well.
Wonderful stuff Millsy!