Thursday 15 January 2015

From JamieM - Pulp Sci-Fi: The Heroes! (30 Points)

So, after my evil minions last week, I've now completed the heroes of the story, taking influences from Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, Guardians of the Galaxy among others.

All of these figures are from Bombshell Miniatures and they're fantastic to paint up and just made me smile.

Captain Skip Westmoreland and the long suffering mechanic Maelee, whose job it is to keep the rustbucket ship going:


Next up, the aliens. Fiercely loyal to Skip and Maelee, they add keen firepower and scientific expertise.


Last up are those staples of sci-fi, the hulking, good natured alien and the fussy robot. The robot was going to be silver or gold, but then I saw the great scheme AnneO applied to her smaller Bombshell Miniatures robot and I was sold.... So I stole it!


Matching grey coats and this is the view the bad guys often see if things get a bit hot.....


And lastly, the group shot:


I think these will do nicely as a Pulp Alley League or 7TV cast, just need to top them up with some other miniatures waiting patiently and get the evil mastermind done now too. Oh, and the ship of course!


From Curt:

Ah, these are all really wonderful Jamie! You have all the great archetypes here. My personal favourites are  'The Hulking Good-Natured Alien' and the two mono-eyed, green-skinned lasses. Lovely work. I very much look forward to seeing the Evil Mastermind and the space ship (!).




25 comments:

  1. These are really nice - and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look Fun! Seriously I am rarely tempted by Sci-fi and pulp figures but this bunch makes me want to play a Sci-fi skirmish or RPG. I especially like Maelee who brings to mind my favorite star-ship mechanic but has her own look and feel at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't these figures the best? I love their stuff and right now they are having a 15% off everything sale. If you want the code, let me know.

      Delete
    2. oh evil Temptress... :)

      No I must decline with regret but I shall keep them in mind for future project should one call for such figures.

      Delete
    3. A code you say? A discount you say? Yes please! I can't find the Counterblast figures from a UK supplier so the discount would mean the cost plus postage isn't too bad. And the. I buy straight from the producer, which is always nice.

      Delete
    4. Looks like Bombshell has come through for you ;)
      Very smart of them makes a great impression.

      Delete
  3. I love this! You've done a great job with Maelee. I've the Monster and the Punk Girl that goes with him, but have do idea how to paint my Monster. You've given me some ideas.

    Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great entry. Fantastic miniatures I have been watching for a time. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple and orange works so well! A very nice starship crew full of charm and character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking crew! I like the mechanic. She seems to be gazing in dumbfounded wonder at the skippers latest exploit; or perhaps thinking about smacking him with that honking huge wrench!
    The colors are great, and I really like their bases!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work! Maelee looks like my kinda gal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maelee is my favourite I think but they are all wonderful.

    As for Firefly, such a shame. Fox had a tiger by the tail and instead of riding it they shot it. What a bunch of morons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work, Jamie, the cast of a real honest-to-goodness Space Opera right there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very characterful, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice paintwork !
    I really like the manga'style you done on them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone - it's really good fun to mix painting "boutique" ranges like this with the larger armies and I had a blast painting this lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them, the figures and the paintjobs are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent work Jamie! They certainly look like a great crew.

    For those in the UK, over the past several months we have been working with West Wind Productions to provide them with all of our existing range. They are working on fulfilling their most recent Kickstarter project but they do stock most of our existing models.

    This month in the web store we are offering 15% off all Hobby Supplies like putty, sculpting tools, and bases. You can use code HBY15 for the discount at checkout. I only mention that because folks asked.

    Thanks again for a great write-up and for everyone's encouragement of the miniatures line!
    Patrick
    The Sculptdude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrick! I saw westwind had the babes but not counter blast and they've just confirmed they will. GDF force, here I come.....

      Delete
  15. Fantastic work! I really like the Alien.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun entry and very well painted as well

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  17. Impossible not to see these figures and smile. They're terrific. Make me think of all my favourite SF shows and films. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice work. I've had my eye on Bombshell, their sculpts are very nice.

    ReplyDelete