Monday 16 March 2015

AdamC- Confederate Command Stands (45 Points)


 These are some extra command stands for my Confederate Army for Longstreet.


Regiments come and go in Longstreet but you always get troops back but I like to have new regiments so I don't recycle the same regiments.


This is a Flag of the 21st Mississippi and a Mississippi state flag I the commander sort of reminds me on an illustration  (probably highly imaginative) of Barksdale who commanded a Mississippi Brigade.


Here we have the 37th Alabama I like having higher numbered regiments as the campaign progresses give the sense that they are newly raised.


I thought the flag was quite sharp looking and I like having Confederate flags that are not the traditional St. Andrews cross most people imagine.


A South Carolina regiment the flag struck my fancy but I have not information regarding the regiment.


The Flags are all from an Issue 31 of Charge! its available at the War Gamer's vault.


Finally the 16th Tennessee Regiment. Tennessee contributed some 50 regiments to the Confederacy probably because it lay right in the path of invasion. 


Since I didn't have any Tennessee regiments I figured I should add one to my mix.   There are a total of 15 Blue Moon figures (18mm) which should be good for another 45 points putting me over my 2000 Point goal even without my Anit-hero bonus points.  I might get in another entry this week but if I do not I would like to express my thanks to Curt and every one on the Challenge for all your kind words and constructive feedback.


From Curt:

Great work Adam! It's good that you're adding some lads from Tennessee to your collection - as you say they were heavily committed and should have a place on the tabletop.

You're right Adam, that Mississippi command figure is reminiscent of Troiani's furious 'Barksdale's Charge' (even though in the painting he's mounted). A terrific scene indeed.

A wonderful set of command stands! I won't say farewell Adam, as I have a sneaking suspicion that you'll be back with another entry before I call it curtains. ;)

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the 2K and in style too.

    I will join you later and thanks for being such a great running mate

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise Ian may be a formal side challenge next year? Good luck with the hand.

      Delete
    2. That sounds a great idea, hands not too bad but looks to have paid any hope of finishing off the Romans in the challenge.

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Thanks Curt for supplying the name of the picture it is the one I was thinking of.. This has been great fun and yes there is another offering (maybe more) too come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May their command never let you down. Splendid command stands I hope they serve you well on the tabletop. Very nice to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice commanders Adam and congrats on breaking 2k :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flags are grand! I like the ragtag uniform mix too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I try to keep my Confederates form looking too uniform.

      Delete