Monday 16 March 2015

From MichaelA - 10 Martian Grunts and Flaming Cows (55 points)



I have been desperate to get these miniatures finished before the end of the challenge and so I’m thrilled to finally present them here for your approval.  Mars Attacks, the miniatures game was to be my first dalliance into the wonderful world of crowd funding and proved to be a rather expensive introduction.  I was swept away with the excitement of it all and before I knew what I had done a large amount of plastic was winging its way towards ‘Awdry Towers’ where it has sat idly – until now!



These then are the Martian grunts that boast a wonderful array of weaponry, perfect for reducing the resistance of the human race to a smouldering pile of ashes.  With regards to the miniatures themselves, they are a good match for most 28mm miniatures and certainly had enough detail to keep my brush interested whilst painting.  What I didn’t enjoy were the mold lines and although I did remove some they proved too numerous to remove altogether.  Of course what they do have, to counter this mild irritation, are their own clear plastic helmets – what an inspired addition!


By way of target practice, I couldn’t resist painting up the flaming cows to accompany them.  Char-grilled steak on the hoof, this is actually a single piece of plastic, but fabulous fun and certainly better than the cardboard template that comes with the original game, now where did I put those big stompy robots?


Ack, Ack, Ack!

From Curt:

Haha, I was just wondering when these would make their appearance and here they are - how very cool, bravo. Even though they may have taken some work to get prepped, you obviously rose to the challenge, Michael, as they look terrific. As you say, the clear helmets are what really clinches these figures. 


Maybe it's my prairie boy upbringing but I somehow find the flaming cows oddly disturbing, but they were in the film so there you have it (and Michael, to your great credit, you've done a great job on them). 


Great work! Now, bring on the stompy robots!

11 comments:

  1. Cool beans Sir Michael! But did the Martians "probe" the cows before setting them ablaze? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Cows! Great job on these clear helmeted invaders. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a BBQ, even a weird-ass Martian one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha love them! I can only hope that 2 out of 3 branches of our government are still working for us! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack ack ack indeed! Great job on these, the paint job really brings out the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on these, the flames really work

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny stuff. And excellently painted as well. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flaming cows.. you sick man but they are appropriate. Will you do an old woman with a phonograph next?

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great! Just like the movie!
    I almost went to the Kickstarter, but Zombicide 2 is what got me grounded from buying minis! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm no vegetarian, but I couldn't help but feel a real pang of sympathy for those poor bovines. Destroy all Martians!

    ReplyDelete