Monday 16 March 2015

From MartinC - So this is it then (60 Points)

This is my final post of the Challenge and what a journey I have been on. I've painted 374 foot, 22 mounted, 4 cannon, 1 chariot, 1 Grizzly Walker, 11 flying carpets and a head with legs.

These are another unit of 10 Republican Roman Velites with wolfskins with hand painted shields.



I have also done a final shot of all my completed figs



Although the ACW make up the bulk of the figs and I'm really pleased with them and that I finished them, my favourite is the Rolls Royce armoured car.

I've had a blast and will be eternally grateful to Curt and the rest of you. I plan to be back next year, although my lead mountain now looks like Lincolnshire, like the plains but without the historical interest. I'll have to go shopping, planning on some Carthaginians to fight the rest of my Republican Romans and about a thousand other things.

Finally I'll leave you with a picture of my Curtgeld, Snake Plisken. 


T.T.F.N.

Martin


From Curt:

A excellent unit of Velites to end your dash to the finish, well done sir (and nice shields btw). 

AND what a stonking final shot of your Challenge Collection - a wonderfully varied passel of fantastic miniatures, make no mistake (Snake Plisken, in far off Canada, endorses this collection) A brilliant sign-off - bravo!! 

Martin, it has been a pleasure having you along with us and I sincerely hope we can do it again. Take care.


17 comments:

  1. Great work throughout the challenge, it's been a blast looking at all the work yuo have put in

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farewell to your challenge. May your brushes be ever eager to paint some more stuff. I for one will be looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brushes, like me, are a little frayed at the edges. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers. Your advice on ACW has been invaluable, thank you

      Delete
  4. Nice idea to show all the stuff painted during the challenge, I might have to steal that idea for my blog later on. Anyway: nice work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I kept having to go back and put out the stuff I'd forgotten I'd painted

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Martin. It's been a pleasure trading places with you over the past few weeks, but you thoroughly deserve to finish in 5th place - I can't catch you now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've really enjoyed our little tussle.You must break 2500 though. Maybe we could have a little side challenge next year, if there's room on your dance card. Something like 100 points in a scale or type you don't usually paint. For me that's any scale except 28mm or anything post 1946. For you I image that's much trickier.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I will break 2500 - I've just glued 72 points worth onto their bases. They'll get basing texture added tomorrow night and the bases will get finished on Thursday.In between those stages, I should be able to knock out a few more points of figures before the deadline.

      Yup, that side-bet would be rather tricky for me :)

      Delete
  7. You can't do better than close with a Snake Plisken! Thanks for sharing your work with us this year Martin, it's been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work and an impressive horde!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work throughout, and an impressive bounty of table ready forces! The carpet squadron is inspired! ;)

    ReplyDelete