Saturday 12 March 2016

From AlexS - Napoleonic Prussian Landwerh Battalion (160 points)


I love to paint quickly. I feel joy from the fact that miniatures appear eyes, and they see the world, and not lay pieces of plastic in the box. But this squad I painted month, and tired of waiting, when I can finish it. And then, finally, I finished it.

  
I wanted to make this battalion was a militia - they must have been in a dirty, shabby shape, tired and hungry, but going into battle against your enemy. 



I hope I managed it.
Total: 32 infantry miniatures, 160 points.

Ahh, these look terrific Alex! I'm not a big fan of these particular Warlord sculpts as the hands seem huge to me, but this all seems to disappear when they're painted this well and all ranked up. Speaking of which, I also like how you've varied the ranks to give the unit a more irregular, conscript feel to it.
Well done!


12 comments:

  1. Well done Alex! The battalion looks just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many napoleonics in the challenge I look forward to seeing some of these on the blogs. Great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to see a big Napoleonics unit , and this is a fine one

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have captured the spectacle and colours of the Napoleonic era. Cracking troops mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Alex! Great to see someone paint large Napoleonic units!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I absolutely hate the Warlord Landwehr, you have done a great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gritty look to these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that banner they have, Alex! Really nice mix of troops as I see a few grey haired troops mixed in. That is a nice notation of their less disciplined training having them bunched and staggered a on the bases as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete