Wednesday 22 February 2017

From IannickM : A few more Halflings... (25 Points)

Why not, hey? In what is quite possibly my last Halflings of the challenge, I bring to you another batch of 5 of the little fellows, and it includes some of my favourites, as today we have a berserker, a Wizard, a Honey Mage, a General and a Psion.

From left to right : Psion, Berserker, Wizard, General Bilbo Bonaparte, Honey Mage
Yes, we have ourselves our very first Napoleonic Halfling, people! And not any Napoleonic soldier, but the man himself, Emperor of the Halflings, general extraordinaire Bilbo Bonaparte. Funny thing is, and I don't remember who it was,  but someone in a comment asked if there was any Napoleonic Halflings. I smiled at the time, knowing this guy was coming. 


The Berserker is one of my favourite sculpt of the range, and I gave her the fiery orange hair of her fanatic Dwarven cousins, Slayers of Trolls. I'm also very pleased with the wizard, as I'm really happy with my painting on him, especially his flaming hands, which I think I nailed. And one cannot not talk about the Honey Mage! It make so much sense that Halflings would've come up with a school of magic that gives them unlimited honey! I love the bees all over her, and the honey dipper wizard staff is a seriously nice touch.

I had a LOT of fun painting all these Halflings; so often the subjects of our painting is serious, with monsters and wars and such, that this was just a very refreshing little project. However I believe these will my last of the challenge as I'm also working on a side duel due for early March (it's coming Sander, no worries. It's gonna be awesome) and I would like to add a few pts to that 30K duel. I did managed to paint 25 of 'em little fellows, and since my goal was between 20 and 25 I can say "mission accomplie". I have quite enough to create a LeafGrave warband, and I even have the choice between three Wizards! So I gather it is time for a family portrait of the bunch. 


So that's 25 more points. Now if you'll excuse me, second midnight snack is ready...

(I'm in no way affiliated with them, but if you liked this range, go have a look at StoneHaven Miniatures for Elves, Gnomes and more)

ByronM: More halfling goodness and you have saved some of the best for last!  As usual your painting and colour choice is perfect for them.  I absolutely love the Napoleon one, and I am sure our Overlord Curt will as well.  Well you may have met your personal goal for the halflings with this post, I am sure I am not alone in hopeing that we will see more yet.

29 comments:

  1. You'er rocking these halflings, Iannick! I love Bilbo Bonaparte.

    Now, you need to look at the Lead Adventure range of Tolstoy-themed Halflings... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you do ;-)

      Just had a look at them, they are fun sculpts!

      Delete
  2. The last ones? Noooooooooooo!

    These halflings you've been treating us to are simply wonderful - full of character and great fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin! Every good thing comes to an end, as they say ;-)

      Delete
  3. Awesome eye candy Iannick! Your halflings are among my favourite entries in this years challenge so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's means a lot considering all the awesome stuff that was posted!

      Delete
  4. Excellent looking halflings Iannick!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your halflings have been a highlight of this Challenge Iannick. Like Tamsin I am sorry to hear that this will be the last of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you need just a few more, a football team, and perhaps some WW1 halfling troops I spied very recently! ;)
    Those are epic for diminutive fellows! I have enjoyed them all and this bunch is really great! The honey mage IS ironically appropriate for them too. I think that should be the boss wizard in your band!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confidence time? I have a complete Halfling medieval army for Oldhammer from Westfalia to paint...next challenge?

      I also love that honey mage!

      Delete
  7. Honey mage. Now that's awesome. Fantastic painting on this small bunch of hobbits. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cracking stuff, as you say a nice and gentle change from the usual wargaming fare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! yeah these are really far from 30K!

      Delete
  9. These are wonderful sculpts, and you've done them justice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely looking little fellows, I've really enjoyed all these halflings they're great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done, my favourite is the wizard although Bonaparte is a close second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realy like my painting on the wizard, so I'm glad you also like him!

      Delete
  12. Great work Iannick. Have to agree with the others, that Bilbo Bonaparte is a particular treat in this group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he was added to the Kickstarter that's when I knew I had to contribute!

      Delete
  13. Glad to see you knocked out a few more Halflings. These little guys are a lot of fun and you've put some more lovely brushwork to them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do like your Halflings bright and shiny right? They look loverly mate!

    ReplyDelete