Wednesday 27 February 2019

From Millsy: Scatter Terrain (40 points)

Hi All,

Firstly, apologies for the lack of comments on your posts, work and real life have been mad busy for a couple of weeks. That also explains why I have not been posting too.

This week I've got a range of scatter terrain items. These have been hanging around for anywhere between just a few weeks and a couple of years. I decided I'd had enough of them lurking in corners and wanted some simple stuff to work on so dived in.

First up some MDF and coloured perspex scf-fi barriers I won as a prize on a bonus round a couple of challenges back. Really nice kit and easy to assemble and paint. Inside are some shipping containers I scratch built from MDF hex bases and plastic pipe. I'll make some more of these I think with biohazard markings and paint them white or green. Any other suggestions?


All the signs and labels were made up in Adobe Indesign. The font is Eurostile Bold Extended, the Grand Poobah of Sci-fi Fonts.


Next up some concrete pipe piles scratch built from plastic tube and cotton reels, some MDF walls and some rubble piles.


Some scratch built stacks of lumber and a kids toy cable drum.


And finally the Mantic Games Dungeon Debris set. Really good value, lovely detail and perfect for all manner of things beyond stocking dungeons.



Roughly two cubes worth of stuff so 40 more points on the tally.

Cheers,
Millsy
__________________________________________________________________

As I always say, I do love me a bit of terrain!

This is a lovely collection of those bits and bobs we all need at some point in a skirmish game or RPG, but all too often have to make do with a late substitution of small household items (see also the famous Battle of the Tinned Tuna and Children's Wooden Blocks); in short, an essential part of the gamer's toolkit. I look forward to seeing them on the tabletop in the near future! 

40 points for you, well done!

Ev

10 comments: